Every now and then I blog about blogging. I do this when I am blanxious – that’s a word that means ‘anxious about blogging’.
I know for sure that I am not the only blanxious person in the world and that, if I were, I would contact the Guiness Book of Records and make a lot of money.
Instead, I have decided to contact the English Dictionary people to tell them I have invented a new word to describe blog-blipping bona fides (‘bona fide’ comes from the Latin and, roughly translated, means ‘in good faith’.)
Blanxiety is a condition that may (or may not) include the following symptoms:
- inability to keep up with reading all of the blogs you subscribe to, then unsubscribe to, then resubscribe to;
- inability to respond to all of the comments even though you are usually very polite;
- inability to figure out a lot of blogging widgetty stuff you should have figured out when you first started your blog;
- inability to overcome the guilt of deleting, ignoring, saving, forgetting the words of blog friends who you care about; and
- inability to eat breakfast before you check your blogdom.
This blanxiety condition has several more symptoms but it is beyond the scope of this post to outline all of them so ….
I guess this is my way of apologizing for … I’m not sure what!
Note to non-bloggers: keep your innocence!