Gotcha!

on February 24, 2012

Here is one of the several million rabbits digging up the foundations of this farm and all of its buildings. So far they have avoided camera capture but yesterday evening, whilst sitting outside waiting for the blue wrens to surround me (which they didn’t) I spotted little bunnykins and took a quick photo.

Yes, bunnykins is very cute, I agree. However, bunnykins and his extended family are apocalypticing our home. Any day now I anticipate waking up to a mine site rather than a grassy farm. I have dreams in which the house has fallen into a big hole and I have to climb out via the ceiling.

I have decided to try and find Husband’s mother’s recipe for rabbit stew.

14 responses to “Gotcha!

Imported invaders! So sad. I don’t have bunny mines, but when we first moved to our home here in Alabama we were over run with voles!!! (bigger than a mouse and shorter tails) Once, we had the exterminator come and put bait in the crawl space. By the end of the week the soil for four feet out all around the house looked like Swiss cheese! They came boiling up out of the soil to get out from under the house. Now we have two cats and they hunt them day and night. It is better, but not good. Rodents. Who needs em…

2. artfulanxiety says:

I know it’s been said to death but rabbit tastes like chicken.
    My parents have noticed more rabbits around. They had the same problem with foundations, except their visitor was a wombat. It took a while to re-home that fuzzy friend.

3. melissakoski says:

(: They eat my garden down to the ground!

4. melissakoski says:

p.s. Julie do you ever clean feathers and keep them? I found a handful of pheasant feathers (I think) in the woods and would love to keep them!

5. magsx2 says:

Hi,
    Yes the rabbits can do a lot of damage. I’m really sorry to hear that they have decided to hit your home.

6. Tilly Bud says:

lol! That’s a bit grim 🙂

Ohhhhhh what a cute little bunny. Sorry, but I’m a Beatrix Potter fan of the Peter Rabbit story. I love seeing bunnies.

(you can tell I don’t own a farm with a plague of rabbits can’t you).