Love story 74 – 75

on July 29, 2012

Love story 74 – ‘Daddy Cool’

Way back in the Inna days, Anthony’s mates used to come over and they’d crank up the stereo and listen to Bony M. Even though I would be in the house with Inna, we could both hear the music – loud and clear. She would grimace and I would grin. The following is a youtube of one favourite. It looks so funny now!

Love story 75 – ‘Staying alive

I’m not sure if my facts are right here but I think it was the BeeGees who made falsetto an okayish thing for male singers to do. This clip is, for me, hilarious, poignant and nostalgic and reminds me of when Anthony took me to the drive-in to see Saturday Night Fever. At the time, I was still a naive teenager so, while he sat behind the steering wheel drinking a beer or two, I sat primly next to him, alarmed by all of the f-words in the movie, for which (can you believe it?) Anthony kept apologizing for.

Staying alive.

[Note: For anyone reading these love story posts for the second time, since I had them in a separate blog, this is the last of those and, from now on, they will be new and hopefully fresh. Hope you get another laugh out of these two!]

29 responses to “Love story 74 – 75

1. camsgranny says:

OMG, I am so with you on both of these, heck, Saturday Night Fever was “the thing” when I was a teenager, the dancing, the music….oh gosh Jules, you took me back to a GREAT time in my life…Smiles, giggles, and HUGS!!!

2. I am so pumped for the new ones! But these posts are good enough to read twice, maybe even three times! 😉

3. terry1954 says:

i had never seen daddy cool, but watched it and mainly watched the dude!LOL, now the saturday nite fever movie, i know well, and love john travolta in it and still watch him ..what a hunk

4. Oh my how adoable of him to apologise for the swearing…………

and more nostalgia from your dive-in movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okpCx87orOA
    how I remember this too — simpler times…..xo

sorry forgot the link above! xo

Two …. tracks that I love too – “Staying alive” – I listen to nearly every day – they bring back my year aboard “the little red ship” http://wp.me/p293Pw-6m – taking me around the world.

8. Ingrid says:

Stayin’ Alive was one of my favourites – love it … and that Drive in scene is very funny 🙂
    lovi it too …

9. WordsFallFromMyEyes says:

Oh Julie, this was PRECIOUS! I watched the Staying Alive because, believe it or not, I have never watched it; never!! Oh, their voices so high!!! I loved this entertainment, thanks. 🙂

Now I’m really excited.. look so forward to the next…

11. lol – Daddy Cool – lol
    love the BeeGees- they are the music of my life

12. cuhome says:

OMG, I had forgotten that walk…. John Travolta really had that “walk” down, didn’t he???! Enjoyed this! Thanks!