Anti-bullying tactics

on August 7, 2012

1. Identify the bully [this is Godfrey, the godfather of ganderdom].

2. Contemplate what to do with the bully situation [Bubble and Baby Turkey contemplating Godfrey].

3. Plan out a strategy.

4. Walk away from the bully.

5. Attack the bully if need be [Baby Turkey attacking Godfrey, with Bubble supervising so that Godfrey doesn’t get hurt, but is taught a lesson].

6. Turn the other cheek [Woodroffe and Diamond demonstrating this].

7. Ignore the bully and leave him next to the rubbish bins for at least one hour!

36 responses to “Anti-bullying tactics

1. Oh, the humiliation! Bubble and Baby Turkey deserve gold medals for their judo moves.

Your geese are very intelligent – for sure I would walk away from the turkey stand up too. *smile – brilliant how you tell the story for them. Enjoy very much – love your humor.

3. bluebee says:

Ooh, those scheming turkeys look so evil – great pics, Julie

4. terry1954 says:

i always admire the back ground scenery in your photos…….always wonder what your home looks like too, must be as beautiful as the outdoors……….

It’s a very old house – I’ll take a picture eventually!

• terry1954 says:

i love old houses, they have personality. i love victorian style the best. i used to own my own antique business and so antiques, old things are in my blood. i bet i would love your home

How many lives have you lived? Wow – an antique business, how wonderful and yes you would love this house!

• terry1954 says:

i knew it!!! i have only lived one life, but antiques and helping people are what i do best i guess. love black baby dolls, victorian anything, old toys and lots of costume jewelry. i used to help run auction houses, and had my own business where i refinished antique furniture for clients and also sold in my own store

Well this is fascinating!

Great photos, Julie.
    I think you should tell Godfrey that if he doesn’t stop the bullying, I might fly over and nab him for Christmas dinner this year – that will scare him pretty quickly.

6. Thanks for my first smile of the day.

7. janechese says:

in the strategy mode they do look like members of a committee. Good on Baby Turkey! But where would the stories be if it weren’t for Godfrey?

8. Who woulda thunk that ‘for the birds’ lessons could have applicable lessons for us humans!

I just love the flow of this blog – how it moves from pre-wedding day to bird conversations! Hahahaha… Kinda like mine.

10. ltpen315 says:

I just love these birds!! Just looking at the pics and reading about them relaxes me.

11. Why do I identify the most with Godfrey? I was never a bully – that I know of.

12. I’ll pass these along to my grandson if he runs into a bully this year at school.

13. love these- reminds me of my childhood (just kidding)

14. Anonymous says:

Awesome!

15. So humans are not the only bullies in the world………..good to know

16. shoreacres says:

Honestly, you have such a gift for describing and showing these characters. I’ve grown quite fond of them – and laugh? Oh, my. I’ve known a bully or two in my life, and I must say – the behavior is quite similar, cross-species!

17. niasunset says:

He he he… they are so funny and so lovely… and you are amazing because these are so beautiful photographs, I loved them all. Thank you dear Julie, love, nia