This and that

on August 15, 2012

Yesterday the ute (truck) died and today it had to be towed into town to a place where they specialize in vehicle resuscitation.

Before Ming had his spinal operation he liked dancing on the roof. He is not allowed to do this anymore.

Today’s photo journey with Ants may not happen until late, maybe even tomorrow, because we have to wait to hear from the vehicle resuscitation people first. I spoke to Anthony on the phone and he was okay about this except for a new melancholic voice thing he has recently acquired.

I have acquired a new pragmatic voice thing and told him to stuff it up his jumper (it’s okay, we both laughed).

The pest control people are coming tomorrow morning to inspect our white ant (termite) problem and eradicate it and then charge us a small fortune that I will pay happily but begrudgingly. I did ask them if they could do it for free but they said no.

We now have more wild rabbits here that I have even seen – whole families of rabbits EVERYWHERE. Yes, they are cute, but they are also digging up the foundations of all of the buildings and I have noticed that the house is tilting a bit (kidding!) I am once again considering the gun option.

Thanks to Tootlepedal’s blog, I have become more interested in flowers and am planning my sunflower garden. I figure if I plant zillions then the birds can have some and we can have some. I am very excited about this idea but haven’t put it into action yet.

Ming has begun volunteering one morning a week at Djidi djidi Aboriginal school and he loves it. http://www.deewr.gov.au/Indigenous/Schooling/Documents/CaseStudyDjidiDjidiAboriginalSchool.pdf

I am going to buy some hedgeclippers tomorrow to prune the roses before my gardening friend comes over on Friday because I want to impress her.

The new chooks are laying copious amounts of eggs and so is Tapper, our female duck, so I am trying new egg recipes (in my mind I mean – I haven’t done them yet).

Ming has written two beautiful songs for his Certificate 4 in music. He is also trying to grow a beard.

The beautiful people at the university’s computer department have put all of my writings onto a thumb drive for me and tomorrow I get my final pay check.

There seems to be some reluctance from the nursing lodge to employ me and I am still waiting for this verdict.

I found four beautiful things to post to Nia who gave me the beautiful cushion/pillow cushions.

Ming wants to be a dairy farmer like Anthony and I am thrilled. He works for our neighbours on a part-time basis and loves it!

The little girl who has had nearly two years of battling cancer is home again, thank God.

Our friend who was in the car accident three weeks ago is gradually recovering, thank God.

I am learning, via the blogs I read, that every single moment is a gift.

37 responses to “This and that

1. artfulanxiety says:

One of my favourite thing to do groaning up was sit up on the tin roof, so I understand if Ming is missing it.
    Life is made up of many different moments, isn’t it?

2. niasunset says:

Ming seems so lovely dancing on the roof… 🙂 Good Luck for him in his new projects. Thank you dear Julie, and I am so excited now 🙂 Have a nice day, love, nia

3. Barb says:

I held my breath when I saw your son on the roof. Hope recovery is going well. As for those rabbits…well we had a squirrel infestation which dug holes everywhere. You’d be walking along and the ground would collapse into their tunnels. Silly varmints.

Sounds like the squirrels do exactly the same kind of damage as the rabbits. Great to be back in touch. I had some WP issues and unsubscribed from everyone – still catching up!

4. That’s an impressive this and that list for one day. Good luck with the truck and the termites. I might have to borrow your “stuff it up your jumper” (in my case, sweater) comment.

5. I love the picture of Ming dancing on the roof!

Mrs Tootlepedal is planning even more sunflowers for next year.

“every single moment is a gift” thank God… again I love this blog… and you have such inner strength that just shines through in your words and photos… “all good things come to those that wait” and I think you are to receive a lot of good things in your life… Hugs…

Does that mean you are coming over here to visit? hehe!

• bulldogsturf says:

You don’t know how much I’d love to do that and a visit to Aussie is top of my list… if nothing else its to watch an Aussie / Springbok Rugby game… and while I’m there I would come and look you up….and that would be the good thing that happens to those who wait…

8. love this update – every once in awhile in my column I do a this and that – it is always fun
    I lovethe term “vehicle resuscitation people”

9. terry1954 says:

i love the photo of Ming dancing! god is good, he does perform healings and miracles each day, still waiting on the miracle for some kind of healing for Al

Beautiful post Julie… you life is filled with so may facets of growth and discovery — despite the hardship that you did not have…. So Ming and Marysa are both working with teaching reading to underprivileged children… that is timing! And he decided Dairy Farming is for him ~ wow!! So happy about the little girl and your friend who was in the accident — all good there … and sunflowers — love them and can’t wait for photos 🙂 Well can go on and on — just happy for your update — Hang in and Hang on — as I tell myself 🙂 I’m seeing a new type of therapist for my possessed body tonight — will be my first journey out of the house in weeks, hubby is taking me — will keep you posted xxoo

I am so eager to find out how your therapy appointment went – tell me as soon as you are able.

• Robyn Lee says:

thanks Julie -was interesting – found a bad restriction in the insertion of my rectus femoris (quad) that is restricting me from walking without agony… (but wonder why) ..maybe adhesion or damage — will see him again Monday and keep you posted – hope i don’t’ flare worse -he was pretty aggressive ? xxoo

My fingers and toes crossed for you Robyn!

J … so true – it’s the small miracles that makes the big picture of happiness. Like the photo and I can understand why that’s now forbidden. He are a very creative young man .. he has values and as a dairy farmer – he will a job that gives him so much back, even if it’s hard job. Where would we be without our dairy farmers. Even China drinks 2 glasses of milk per day now.

12. I would love to dance on a roof if only I wasn’t afraid of open heights………….lol I think it is great that Ming wants to be a dairy farmer like his dad but also is studing music I can imagine how proud of him you and his dad are.

13. Wow! That’s a lot of information all at once. There is never a dull moment at your house!

14. eof737 says: