Assertiveness

on August 27, 2012

Daffy: I’m scared, Bubble. Godfrey is approaching me.

Bubble: Stand up straight, Daffy, and he’ll have much more respect for you. Oh, and if he speaks to you, answer in a loud voice, not your usual whisper.

Godfrey: Good afternoon, young man.

Daffy: GOOD AFTERNOON, SIR!

Daffy: Wow, that felt good and he just walked past me – he didn’t tell me off or anything! I just wish I could have looked him in the eye, but I’m too frightened.

Bubble: I can give you daily lessons in eye contact beginning right now, Daffy. Okay, now look at me and try not to blink.

Daffy: I did it, I did it, Bubble! I looked Godfrey straight in the eye for a whole minute. He was asleep but it still counts for my certificate doesn’t it?

Bubble: Well done, Daffy, but I will need to give you a few more lessons [sigh!]

37 responses to “Assertiveness

Bubble seems like an excellent teacher!! Watch out Godfrey…. How lucky is Daffy?! 🙂 xo

2. terry1954 says:

great shots, once again, you have a talent with your camera!!!!!

3. This one really made me laugh. You have a wit to go along with your photography. It’s good to laugh. Thank you.

4. Bubble to the rescue again! They will surely be a show down with those boys soon…

5. niasunset says:

This is a great fun, Thank you dear Julie, have a nice week, love, nia

Love it love it love it….. what a way for me to start the day… thank you… love the pictures and the story… put a big smile on my face…
    The turkey actually makes a good subject to photo… the colours and contours wonderful…

7. Godfrey is the perfect name! Love it.

8. shoreacres says:

You need to go over to a blog called “I also live on a farm” and take a look at this post that shows the guy’s invention – shackles for mean roosters! He says the roosters still can walk around, they just can’t go after other birds. For some reason, I thought of you immediately! The rooster shackles are near the end of the post. 😉

I just checked out the blog – how funny! I am tempted to subscribe to this blog but am already so oversubscribed – ah what the hell – am gonna do it!

King of the hill and he knows it. Bubble’s working on his assertiveness to stage a coup, it looks like. Watch out, Godfrey!

Oh, I meant Daffy, not Bubble.

I love you world of birds …. they are so enjoyable – haven’t got all their names right yet – Bubble is that the turkey ???? Looks scary to me .. but maybe have a soft heart. *smile

Oh how you make me laugh! Thanks! 😉

13. janechese says:

I can relate to looking one in the eye(when they were sleeping)or real life confrontation as opposed to the “rehearsal” Daffy , the gap lessens with practise.

14. russtowne says:

Fun! Thank you!
    Russ

15. Poor misunderstood Godfrey!

16. Fergiemoto says:

That’s such a cute dialogue! Very clever you are.

17. I grew up in a large farming/ranching community and never really missed it when I moved to the big city. Your blog kind of makes me miss all the animals running loose everywhere.