Little luxuries

on September 25, 2012

1. A hot bubble bath.

2. A food processor that will make meals all by itself and not cut anybody’s fingers off.

3. A clothes dryer that dries everything in an emergency.

4. A vaccum cleaner that works properly.

5. A lawnmower that works properly.

6. A Spring that stops raining.

7. A bonfire that keeps burning instead of fizzling out.

8. A son who doesn’t answer back.

9. A husband who smiles.

10. A different me.

I don’t have any of these things but I live in hope!

26 responses to “Little luxuries

1. I like the you that I read just fine…

Hope… yes Julie — let’s invest in that you and me both…xo

3. susielindau says:

It sounds like you need a vacation! Enjoy that bubble bath…

Fantasies sustain us. Good luck!

Why a different you ???? I adore you the way you’re …. also I think Ant smile inside many times in your present.

6. niasunset says:

Oh dear, I need too… I loved your items… Thanks and Love, nia

7. you don’t need number 10 – you are already a great “me”
    I don’t have a lot of the things on your list either and I am happy – I am also I am finding out today a bit of a liar–and I used to be so honest

8. Rhonda says:

the duck pond might work for a bath. i saw the title of the next post, haven’t read it, not thinking i want to, but will, and know if it says what i think it will, you need it, but can’t imagine not seeing you. big breath…heading that way now.

9. For most of these, what you need to do is live on the future. I’m sure I’ve seen them all on Star Trek.

10. 🙂 It’s good to have hope – I hope for a kid that doesn’t talk back too. Maybe someday, eh?

11. artsifrtsy says:

Nothing is more frustrating that a lawnmower that does not work – You just can’t get things done on the homestead without it. Take it easy…

12. janechese says:

went to a workshop on Transitions and the facilitator said that hope was usually defined to “Things will get better.” But when she spoke to a group where thing would not get better, she updated her definition to “Say YES to life” I see you doing that in your situation, grabbing the moment as it comes.Not easy, but not giving up either. Jane

13. terry1954 says:

i am right here with you my friend, we both live in hope for a better tommorow

14. I’d like to add to the list, a toilet that’s not running. I’d love that!

15. Hope is a good thing to have!

16. Here’s to HOPE! Sending sunshine, smiles and hugs.

17. keurawa says:

Love this list, don’t have many of these items either, but I sure do live in hope too! Please note that my site has moved to http://keurawa.com, I would be honored if you would follow me there as well!

18. Fergiemoto says:

Some of them sound like necessities!

19. We have Springs that never rain if you ever become really desperate to get at least one thing on your list.

Just wanted to warn you that I nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Blogging Award. Also mentioned that you’ve been nominated before (I’m guessing lots and lots of times), so you’ve already been there/done that and probably wouldn’t respond. Once is enough. But I hope more and more people find your blog. I love it. And I don’t need a hot potato. It would probably burn my fingers.

21. Sorry, but a different you wouldn’t work. The rest I would agree with — if I had a son.