I am not a vulture

on October 6, 2012

Bubble: My feelings are a bit hurt, Julie.

Me: Why, Bubble?

Bubble: Well, Ming’s friend said I looked like a vulture.

Me: Oh Bubble, don’t worry about that. You don’t look anything like a vulture; you look like a turkey.

Bubble: Are you sure, Julie?

Me: Of course I am, Bubble. You are much too kind to be a vulture.

Bubble: Thanks, Julie. That’s a great relief because I am not a vulture.

37 responses to “I am not a vulture

No Bubble, you are not a Vulture. You are a very beautiful Turkey indeed. πŸ™‚

2. mimijk says:

Why does it not surprise me that you can even make a turkey feel better Julie? πŸ™‚

3. ceciliag says:

Where have i been? I have never seen Bubble before.. he is extraordinary in a very UN vulturish kind of way.. c

4. Thank goodness you were able to straighten out poor Bubble!

Dear Bubble,

While I am not fond of most turkeys, for reasons I will not detail here, I do have some information you will be proud to know about! Listen to this:

“… the bald colourful heads of turkeys … skin patches are… ornamental and play a role in courtship.”

So your bald, color-changing head has nothing to do with the vultures bad habit of carrion eating, and everything to do with impressing your girlfriends. πŸ˜‰

Now, don’t you feel better?
    xo,
    The Lady of the Farmlet

Note: the above information was found here ~ http://suite101.com/article/why-are-some-birds-bald-a43251

6. Well, I think Bubble looks gorgeous.

7. artsifrtsy says:

Far to regal to be confused with a vulture.

8. terry1954 says:

that is so cute, and he is a real beauty

9. kdkh says:

I used to see a lot of vultures when I was a child. We think of them as nature’s recyclers. So Bubble shouldn’t be offended, but assured that he is much more handsome. Vultures are, after all, smelly and homely.

10. Poor Bubble you should have told him that Ming’s friends are not use to seeing turkeys or vultures so they get them mixed up…….

11. janechese says:

The very first comment got me laughing.

12. He’d better run. It’s Thanksgiving in Canada.

13. Bubble is not just a turkey, he is a stunning turkey!

14. magzmama says:

He could dress up a bit as a vulture for Halloween!

15. bluebee says:

No wonder he feels insecure – it must be difficult being a turkey amongst all those peacocks

16. Rhonda says:

I can’t believe I’m sitting here feeling sorry for a turkey. But damn it, I am. Don’t worry Bubbs you are a beautiful turkey. Vulture’s are ugly. There, I’ve become Unruly!

17. That has to be the most magnificent turkey I’ve ever seen! He looks like he belongs on a table as a statue–like he’s made out of ceramic! (Not stuffed!)

18. Fergiemoto says:

Bubble is so cute!

19. eof737 says:

That’s right Bubble… they love you and then eat you…not vultures. πŸ˜†

20. Bubble you are a beauty of a tom! Just be glad you are not in the US. You’d be on someone’s dinner plate for Thanksgiving next month.