Queenie

on October 23, 2012

Queenie is our oldest peahen because I purchased her and King as adults. All of the other peafowl came as littlies. Queenie and I have a rather special relationship although we do disagree on some issues. She is a rather radical feminist whereas I tend to waver. She has successfully negotiated a relationship with her husband, King, whereby he only visits when she says yes. King understands because he can see how hard Queenie is working on training the younger peahens. King’s method of training the young peacocks is to play tag around the house.

I think the reason that Queenie and I get on so well is that we are both contemplative. I love her!

34 responses to “Queenie

1. adinparadise says:

She is very cute. 🙂

2. Quite the feisty beauty you have there. Peahens are gorgeous–too bad most people are just wowed by the males’ fans and don’t appreciate the beautiful ladies, too. I especially like the delicacy of their crown feathers.

3. terry1954 says:

Queenie is so beautiful, and I believe that you know your animals very well

4. and just what do you girls contemplate?

5. Northern Narratives says:

She is defintely a Queen.

6. Love this 🙂 Clever Queenie! That tag around the house sounds familiar….

I think she is adorable…

What a beauty Julie! xo

9. hugr5 says:

I’m trying to leave a comment at your website and it is NOT working. I get so frustrated. Hopefully this will reach you!

I am curious about one thing – why do you have peacocks? Is it for their beauty? Is it for eggs? I don’t know the practicality of peacocks. Do you have a farm? I have looked at your website, but as I said, it is very difficult for me to get access! Grr, regarding computers!

Did I ever tell you about a local zoo (near where I live)? It is unique – the animals there are rescue animals and birds. I went there once (to write an article for a local newspaper on the place). I was staggered by the sound of the peacocks! They roam free, those gorgeous birds – there were several. AND THEY WERE SO LOUD! It made me laugh so hard, i.e., it was great! 🙂

Please let me know if you get this! 🙂

hugauga.wordpress.com… hugr5

We are lucky enough to live on a 100 acre farm so the peacocks roam free and sleep in the trees at night. They are so beautiful – I think that’s why I got them in the first place but you are right about the noise they make – haha!

Sounds like Queenie has strong opinions and intends to pass them on. Gotta admire her for that!

11. I swear Julie, you and your menagerie always make me smile. Margie

I think Queenie knows she’s a Queen. 🙂

Stunning lady … just like you. But I think she has a more beautiful neck than you – love the green and blue … *smile

14. TBM says:

She’s cute and in control! Love it!

Queenie is beautiful! I never noticed how much color there is in a peahen. Great shots, Julie!
    ~ Lynda

16. She definitely has regal bearing. Beautiful too!