I am pregnant!

on October 26, 2012

I bet that shocked you! Of course I am not pregnant; after all I am 53 and Anthony is in a nursing lodge. But I keep having dreams about being pregnant and they are so real that I wake up in the morning and am surprised that I am not pregnant.

Last night, everything in the dream was initially as it is in real life: Ants was in the nursing lodge and Ming was 18. Then it got really bizarre because in the dream I had only just given birth to a beautiful little girl, to find myself pregnant again. I was bewildered at how this could be possible and my friends were looking at me askance as if I were some sort of alien, or else had dabbled in an affair. I woke up whilst still pregnant and trying to figure out how and why this had happened.

I don’t find these dreams disturbing at all; I find them rather interesting adventures. Also it is easy to see why I might be having these dreams: (a) the birds are madly mating, and loudly, because it is Spring; (b) Anthony has begun to think I have found another man; (c) Ming is giving me the whoops; and (d) Tapper, the duck, is still sitting on her eggs hoping they will hatch. As for deeper, psychological interpretations, well that is probably a minefield that I would rather avoid at the moment.

Perhaps these dreams are a signal that something really great is about to be born. That would be good!

[Or perhaps it’s just that we are inundated with eggs, the peafowl keep pooping on the chookhouse, or I need to go to the gym? Who knows!]

51 responses to “I am pregnant!

1. You missed the real interpretation though. When you dream about someone, it’s not about that person but about you, or a side of you. That girl you gave birth to, it’s not your child, it’s a new you. Remember you just announced you’re now the boss and in charge? Well, your mind is processing this new you while you’re sleeping. This is great news!

2. I like the interpretation above, and that’s the one I’d go with–dreams are gifts…

3. sbcallahan says:

as a psychologist i would interpret it to be about new beginnings, a sort of rebirth. it is exciting to think about what lies ahead in this new adventure you are embarking on!

Just don’t get morning sickness. And no pickles.

5. terry1954 says:

even I was shocked at the title!!!! LOL. that is one nice looking lady in the photo holding all of those fresh eggs!!!! nice blog about the dream

I have to agree with PM Julie, I believe it’s the new you too. How exciting 🙂

7. eof737 says:

You are birthing something new and fresh; in the creative and personal realm… It’s all good. 😉

8. Gardengirl says:

Good one! Nice shock factor. Everyone else pretty much sum it up perfectly.

9. all interesting theories — a friend of mine told me the other day that the things that happen in dreams are actually codes for other things–which is all very confusing
    I just continue to get lost in my dreams, and that is a very true to life experience for me, but it can also stand for how lost I feel in life sometimes

10. niasunset says:

You are amazing… There is always a surprise in your posts! Thanks and Love, nia

The title had me rushing to your blog when I looked at the emails…. Julie it gave me a big fright… as to interpreting the dream…. a new beginning… something good is going to happen…

12. haha Catchy title! Being pregnant in a dream…seems to feel like something new is on the horizon. oh heck I had to google it. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/13/dreams-about-being-pregnant_n_891547.html

13. TBM says:

I have to admit, I fell for the title. Nicely done, you trickster. It is exciting to hope and to expect new adventures in life.

14. magzmama says:

I think the interpretations are perfect. I think the babies are projects that you’ve back-burnered for a long time, and that’s what leads you back to you!

We can use some eggs if you’ve got too many.

16. HA ha ha ha. You got me. Love the photo with all those eggs in your hands and the cute little house.

Julie, dream of being pregnant, you are likely craving time to be creative, or ‘dreaming up’ a new and exciting creative project that will come into existence down the line.
    The experts says that if you’d prefer to avoid this dream, focus on what you have already brought into the world and need to nurture there. – not my words, but they make sense to me .. thinking of your situation.

18. Trisha says:

I think the “new you” interpretations are right on! It’s what came to my mind when I was reading about the pregnancy dreams. The title did shock me though! 🙂

19. As others have already indicated, your dream is about you and new things coming to be. I’ve had similar dreams. When I felt stuck in my job and was thinking of going back to school, I kept having dreams of being lost; either in a huge confusing mall, I’d go in, but never find my way back out, or my way home, or my car. I figured out my mind was trying to reconcile my feelings about going to school. I think this is a good sign for you, too.

20. O Jules.. Congrats on your beautiful dreams and not being disturbed by them . I think you are brilliant. Your looking at your glass half full and I love you for your attitude my friend.

You just keep on dreaming my friend,… adventures are AWEsome things to tie our coattails
    to in my mind and heart ~ Your very own CCBB

My sister had that same dream, and she delivered twins at 50!!! Really, she did! The boys are now almost 3. She’ll be 70 when they turn 20. Soooooo glad it wasn’t me!!!