Why didn’t I think of this before?

on November 7, 2012

Every Thursday morning the nursing lodge has a bus excursion and Anthony usually goes. Last Thursday I arrived at the nursing lodge at around noon to be told that Anthony was still out and that the excursion was to Dardanup (our town!) They’d gone up to the hills just past our farm. So, when the bus returned and Ants was being helped back to his room by the nurse in charge of the excursion, I asked if it would be possible for the bus to come to our place and she said yes!

So tomorrow, they are coming here and I am so excited. The nurse said they might make it a semi-regular thing and I wanted to kiss her feet! This would be a stress-free way of getting Anthony home for a few hours and I am sure the other residents will enjoy it too. They always bring their own morning tea and there are enough staff for any toilet emergencies, so I am definitely in yeeha mode! Anthony seems to think it is a great idea too.

I have told the birds that they will have an audience tomorrow between 9.30 and 11.30am, so they are all practising for Godfrey’s contortionist competition.

Another contortionist

A competing peahen

Woodroffe thinks he will win the competition

Pearl will be performing in the pond

29 responses to “Why didn’t I think of this before?

1. Take pictures of all who come please. I am so excited for you

2. terry1954 says:

have a wonderful tea!!!!!

3. camsgranny says:

That’s AWESOME!!!!!

4. Susan says:

What a beautiful idea, your place looks for serene and welcoming and lots of fun with all the birds. They will love it!

Sounds like a fantastic idea.
    I’ll bet the other lodge residents will enjoy your feathered clan as much as Anthony.
    (it must be hard for the Lodge staff to think of new outings so no doubt they’ll enjoy it too).

6. sbcallahan says:

can’t wait to hear and see how this splendid day goes for you!

Excellent Julie…sound like a great plan…. XO

8. That is a great idea! Hope it goes well for you all.

9. What a RESULT! Hope it goes super well.

I am ecstatic for you… what a wonderful thing for Ant and the others and he can get bragging rights to the farm… how wonderful…

Just love your bird life … I hope you will get a great day – are you going to show of your feathers too. ????? My vote goes to Godfrey’s !!!!

12. you are always thinking — hope it goes really well!

13. Hi Julie – does this get to you? – LouAnn

Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 04:35:44 +0000 To: louanngeauvreaukarry@live.ca

14. oldsunbird says:

I’m so happy for both you and Anthony! Great news!

15. Great idea! I used to bring litters of siamese kittens in for my mom to see, and then let all the residents love them up. It was great for us, wonderful for the residents and my mom, and the kittens loved it, too!

This sounds AWESOME!

17. So excited for you! I’m sure all the others will enjoy a visit to your ranch! Marvelous idea.

18. What a great idea, you will have to let us know how the visit turns out……………

19. Trisha says:

What a wonderful idea! I bet everyone will enjoy a visit to your farm. Have a fabulous tea.

Julie, how delightful! ~Lynda