Newcomer

on November 25, 2012

Lately we have had one of the many wild ibises (Australian white ibis), who are usually all over the paddocks, visit us. I often see him in the chook pen in the morning but he flies off as soon as he hears me coming to open the gates to let all of the chooks and the gang out for the day. Yesterday I managed to get a few photos of him but it wasn’t easy because he is really shy.

I took Ming to an 18th birthday party last night.

It was NOT a fancy-dress party.

Oh, give me a shy ibis any day!

50 responses to “Newcomer

1. camsgranny says:

Uhm, at the expense of being not knowing, what is the creature in the photo, not the birds or Ming, hehehe is it a sheep? :0) Love your yankee friend….

The Australian white ibis. (Threskiornis molucca) family of our African Sacred Ibis (Threskiornis aethiopicus) I just this morning finished preparing a post of our ibis for future posting… as you said on my post “funny we both….” definitely a case of Great Minds Think Alike….

It looks like your newcomer likes the sheep’s – hope you curly ducks are nice to him and he will grow out of his shyness. He looks a bit small and skinny and regarding Ming – there is not much to say, more than he will grow out that too.

4. jmgoyder says:

And Ming wonders why he doesn’t have a girlfriend yet – hahaha!

5. neve16 says:

Wonder who he takes after 😉

6. haha! i love that checkered floor! My dream kitchen is black and white with a checkered floor and the kitchen would have red accents in the form of appliances and perhaps an older styled kitchen table and chairs in red!

7. ha ha – love his hair and makeup– that is how I put eyeliner on!

8. rumpydog says:

How cool that ibis is seeking a bond with your furry and feathered friends!

9. Is that facial decoration a traditional way to celebrate 18th birthdays over there?

10. Smiles. Love it that you share your critters.

11. terry1954 says:

oh wow, those photos of were fabulous!!!!! it looks like a nice day of weather!

12. eof737 says:

Between Ming and the newcomer, you have your hands full. 🙂

13. robincoyle says:

I love how the geese are looking at the ibis as if to say, “Who’s the new kid on the block?”

14. beautiful bird–scary son 😉

I know nothing about birds, but boys, on the other hand, are a big part of my life since my house is always full of them. Your Ming’s as typical as my American boys – showing off his guns and inking on facial “hair.” 🙂 God bless ’em! LOVE that Aga in the picture – my dream stove.

16. Tammy says:

Love it all! Thanks for a joyful share!

17. niasunset says:

This is funny 🙂 But wonderful photographs all, Thank you, Blessing and Happiness to you all, love, nia

18. I think he took Movember a little too far 🙂

Boys will be boys they say… but for his sake I hope that washes off! LOL!

Julie, I am loving the ibis, and was confused at first about when you decided to keep sheep… Then I took a closer, larger look at the photo, and realized it was one of your alpacas! ~Lynda

18??? Ty started being a lot more grownup after he turned 18. Not sure if he’s typical or not, but that seems like a big step.

21. My first thought was – gosh hope he didn’t use a permanent marker!