Baby brother

on November 27, 2012

This is my baby brother, M, who turned 50 today – 50! I can’t believe it. This photo is from about a year ago.  As you can see he is a big man – 6’4″ – and being a great fisherman is just one of his many talents. He lives four hours away from us with his beautiful wife and their three children on a big block of forest where he built his own house with his own hands.

He isn’t just a big man in terms of height; he is a big man in terms of his heart – a gentle giant with two older sons (yes, he has 5 children altogether) who have inherited his looks and different bits of his fantastic personality.

I was four when he was born and my other brother was two. When M came along he was such a novelty with his huge head, blonde hair and angelic face; he was definitely the cutest of all of us!

He’s still pretty cute even though he is now so old – ha!

Happy birthday little brother!

43 responses to “Baby brother

Those are HUGE fish!!! One might feed a family with five kids, all by itself.

2. FringeGirl says:

Happy Birthday to your brother! I’m amazed by how ginormous those fish are. My husband only wishes he can catch fish that big.
    ~FringeGirl

3. robincoyle says:

He looks like a man’s man. Whatever that means. But he does!

4. Beautiful Jules. Those are some amazing fish, too! Sounds like an all around great guy!

5. meg lane says:

I do think you ought to polst a photo of the cute baby he was as well! I’ll send you one pronto. M.Lane

6. Dang! Those are the biggest goldfish I’ve ever seen! Happy 50th M!

7. Those are some impressive fish! Happy birthday to the fisherman!

Awww – so nice to meet your little brother Julie!! Great shot too!! xo

And Happy Birthday! I’m nearly same age as him 🙂 (one year to go!)

10. I hope he had a happy birthday. What a great photo!

11. Tammy says:

LOVE this! Just lost my brother, 51 years old, also with a huge heart, very generous. You are an awesome big sister to celebrate your little brother this way! 🙂 Happy Birthday!

Oh I am so sorry about your brother Tammy.

• Tammy says:

Thank you for your condolences. I was just thinking, though, about the timeliness of your post and my recent loss and how my brother was so close in age. I was grateful you were celebrating your brother’s birthday. I thought that was great.

I’m glad the post was ok for you – such a terrible loss for you – hard to know what to say in the face of such tragedy.

12. terry1954 says:

He is so handsome, and those fish are so big! Wow!!!!!!

Well happy birthday to the gentle giant… may he have many more fishing trips catching the big ones…

14. That’s funny. I call my older son the Gentle Giant. People can be intimidated by his size but he is a gentle and caring young man. I hope your brother had a fabulous birthday. (Those fish were almost scary!). 🙂

Holy moly! What a man! And what fish! It took a man to pull those things in! Wow! Happy Birthday, Beautiful Man!

16. Trisha says:

Happy birthday to you baby brother!

Fantastic fish! Happy birthday Julie’s baby brother. 🙂

18. I didn’t realise you had relatives apart from your parents.

Happy Birthday to your brother 🙂

19. shoreacres says:

I just love his smile, and that kind of self-effacing expression. Fifty is a good age, and I have a feeling he’s got some good decades ahead of him. Belated birthday wishes to him, and blessings on you for helping him celebrate!

20. Wow! Nothing beats a big heart, but those are serious fish and he built his own house … Awesome!