He ain’t heavy?

on January 18, 2013

pea 592pea 590pea 591pea 583

Gutsy 9 (baby peacock who is now 6 weeks old) has become disenchanted with my shoulder because he is too big to get comfortable. He prefers to sit on the floor next to my feet now, almost like a dog! I have to admit that I, too, prefer this arrangement because I am a little tired of him throwing his wings in my face and biting my ear when he loses his grip on my shoulder. And when he can’t get his little mohawk head tucked into my neck (his favourite way to nap), he squawks! Luckily he is now getting used to the outside so, as soon as he is big enough to fly into the trees at night, I will stop babying him.

Anthony continues to ask if he can come home for the night and I continue to break my heart explaining that he is too heavy for me to lift. Ming and I went into the nursing lodge so Ming could take Ants for a ride in the new ute but Ants wasn’t well enough. We will try again tomorrow.

Ming has had his hair cut! He has had mixed reactions to this weight off his shoulders – ha!

51 responses to “He ain’t heavy?

1. jmgoyder says:

He resembles a human again!

2. terry1954 says:

he is getting so big. I wondered how you were going to wean him from your shoulder, but it looks like it is going to be a natural procession. Hope Ants feels better tomorrow

Julie, I am so amazed at how large Gutsy has become. I didn’t realize that birds grew this fast. Heck Gutsy almost looks like a small turkey size wise, I would hate to have him on my shoulder. LOL LOL — Take care, Bill

4. Ming looks wonderful with his haircut, I didn’t know that peacocks sought refuge in trees to sleep at night. I hope that Anthony feels better because that would wonderful for your men to share a ride.:)

5. Wow…what a change in MIng with the haircut…He looks so much older… I guess it’s lucky Gutsy9 has decided to give up your shoulder…’no more accidents’…lol Diane

How everything grows up… when they get too big to carry on a shoulder put them outside, I’m talking about Gutsy9 of cause…

7. How long until he can fly?

8. Victoria says:

Gutsy9 looks so different now. Those white feathers change his whole image.

…..and that haircut changes Ming’s whole image too – I like it. I like some of the new really short (or shaven) haircuts on men these days. So different to back in the 1970s. I had a boyfriend in the UK with hair down to his waist in 1978 – LOL.

9. Oh wow, look at those wing feathers and that little mohawk! He has grown so quickly. He is beautiful.
    Perhaps you could get some 80’s shoulder pads. 🙂

10. TBM says:

I like the haircut. And Gutsy 9 makes me giggle

11. oldsunbird says:

Gutsy is still a cutie! So is Ming. Like the haircut.

12. Good looking boy – a-hem – young man you got there Julie. It’s amazing to watch the changes in Gusty over the weeks through your photos.

13. The look on MIng’s face! Oh, the perils of having a mother who blogs…

14. tell Ming he looks handsome – both my sons have long hair–one has hair half way down his back (beautiful and curly–he is the rock god) and the other keeps it above his shoulders and tied back in a pony tail so he looks clean cut–he is an advertising/business student

15. janechese says:

One is growing feathers and the other is cutting them off. Nice hair. It is good to see how a smile changes one’s face.

Tell Ming Robyn LOVE the new haircut! Yes he must just love that blog about these things — my kids would probably disown me 🙂 LOL!! xo Love you Julie ~ R

Some cute guys .. you have around you those days. *laughter

18. diannegray says:

Great haircut! Did you catch him by surprise in the first pic?

Gutsy9 is so cute! 😀

Ming looks totally adult now; what a handsome guy! Heart-breaker!
    Well, we knew little Gutsy9 couldn’t sit on your shoulder forever. That would be kinda weird!

20. So good looking. (Don’t tell him I like a man in long hair.) And Gutsy9 is so big already! It’s so fun to watch him grow up.

21. Ming looks better when he smiles………………..

22. Lynda says:

Love the head coverings on both of these guys! 😉

23. adinparadise says: