Ming’s 20th birthday party

on January 12, 2014

With around 70 guests (mostly 19-20 year-olds), a handful of parents, and a few of Ming’s older cousins, it was a resounding success. We did the lawns and madly tidied up beforehand:

We set up Anthony’s ancient stereo system, which Ming has now figured out how to operate. It has the most amazing sound which some would call LOUD:

We began to fill a cattle trough with ice and drinks as soon as it got a bit cooler (it was an extremely hot day):

The first guests began to arrive and Ming was given some suitable adornments:

More guests arrived:

The pizzas arrived:

I remained calm:

Ming made a short speech dedicated to his favourite topic – himself:

There was a bit of cigar debauchery but nothing else untoward happened …

… Except for an unexpected pole dancer (my gorgeous, incorrigible niece):

Here she is again, slightly more subdued, with her brother and husband.

Thanks, Ash, for rocking the party up a few notches, for taking most of these photos, and for making Ming’s party the best ever!

62 responses to “Ming’s 20th birthday party

1. Fabulous – love the old stereo system!

2. janeslog says:

Looks like everyone had a great time. Nice and warm there, not like here.

3. ashtyn says:

it was awesome. me and Gordon were dying today. I slept in the spare room for about 3 hrs and woke up drenched in sweat. had to leave it was too hot! plus they were still blaring the music out at 6.30! Gordon and morgan hadn’t even gone to bed yet they were still up drinking. Gordon ended up pulling the plug to the speaker at 6.45 when we left. haha great night xoxox

4. fgassette says:

5. That’s A LOT of pizza! šŸ™‚ Looks like a fabulous party with fabulous people! šŸ™‚

6. What a fun time and for you and Ming a very necessary time…. Diane

7. bulldog says:

I wish I could have been there it looks like a resounding success…. well done on remaining calm ..although in the second photo you are looking a little panicky…

8. niasunset says:

Happy Birthday Ming. Seems that it was a great party. Blessing and happiness, to you ALL, Thank you, love, nia

9. Colline says:

Looks like you all had a great time. šŸ™‚

10. Terry says:

It looks like all of you had an awesome time!! I am so glad it was a huge success!!!!

11. Looks like fun! I’ve always been jealous of people who have birthdays in the summer and can celebrate outdoors. It just dawned on me that if I lived down under, my birthday would be in the summer!!!

12. It looked to be a party to remember. šŸ™‚ How fun! You looked so pretty by the way, and Ming was obviously the life of the party, the pictures are wonderful. šŸ™‚

Julie, It looks like it was one hell of a party, and that a good time was had by all. It is such a joy to see all those smiling faces. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Please take care, Bill

14. Wasn’t that a party! Would have loved to have been there. Please wish Ming a very happy birthday for me. x

15. So glae it went well – you both needed a good time to distract you from so many other things. Happy 20th Ming.

16. What fun! And great weather too.

17. Looks like a lot of fun. Did you eat all those pizzas?

18. Happy birthday, Ming! You are a lucky man to have a mother like Julie and so many great friends.

19. janechese says:

I can’t think of anything more terrifying than hosting a party for a bunch of twenty-somethings.Probably because I know what I was like at that age. Looks like all had fun.And the pizza! Wow! Happy birthday to Ming. You are a darn fine mum!

20. Surviving a 20th birthday party is no easy feat.
    I congratulate you!

21. My, what a lot of pizza!! Looks like a fun party. šŸ™‚

22. Vicki (from Victoria A Photography) says:

Looks like a great success. So glad Ming has a great time – just what the ‘doctor ordered’ for a wonderful birthday (before the court case).

23. Anonymous says:

Ahhh, that was a delightful party. I know Ming will remember it with fondness for the rest of his life. I laughed out loud at some of your comments. You ROCK, mom!! xo

24. Looks like a great night was had

25. Looks like a lot of fun! Is his back all fixed now?

26. tersiaburger says:

You do look petrified! Glad it went well. Laughter is so good!!

27. I am tardy….but a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love the photos! ā™„