Poised

on December 31, 2011

This is of one of the white peacocks standing poised on an old water tank stand, on the brink of flying to a place of rest and quiet for the night.

I just went in to the hospital to visit Husband who is poised, on the brink of admission to a nursing home and the most beautiful thing is that he is fine about this. He is happy, not yearning for home like I thought he would and the relief I feel is like a waterfall gone mad!

14 responses to “Poised

1. valzone says:

This is beautiful, not just the photograph, but your words.
    You, and your husband, and your son, are very brave, not only that, you are quite beautiful people.
    I wish each of you, a very happy, and healthy New Year. God Bless you all.
    Val.

Thanks, Val. I feel a bit embarrassed that the blog about birds somehow evolved into this. I’m hoping to resume funny bird stories tomorrow which is why I posted ‘Poised’ – I guess, despite Husband’s approval of the blog and delight, even in the posts about him – it feels weird to be so ‘out there’. I wish you and yours a very happy and healthy New year and blessings. Thank you for your comment. Julie

2. Tilly Bud says:

Enforced change can often surprise us; sometimes in a good way 🙂

I’m glad you are feeling a little better about this.

3. melissakoski says:

Great news for the transition! So peacocks roost in trees? I think it’s easier to be “out there” online than in person myself. (: People have often commented that it seems like I’m two different people…my quiet in person self and funny/obnoxious on my blog. I personally htink I’m funny all the time.

I’m sure you are funny all the time – hehe! Yes, peacocks roost in trees.
      I think I’m back to normal with the blog now – sense of humour has returned!

4. cuhome says:

I’m glad to hear that. Thinking of you and your husband.

Glad to hear your Husband is comfortable about the move. It will give you & Son a break and time to get some ‘Me’ time too.

It’s hard not to let personal issues come into blogging, but that’s what it’s all about. Sharing whatever is on your mind & in your world – be it health, family or ………birds.

It’s just nice to SHARE (especially if you’re a little isolated in your location).

6. I wish you and your husband all the best for 2012. And I hope all your birds support you and fly you through the difficult moments. Keep going and feel comforted by the little miracles on your way.
    Paula

7. Ingrid Rickersey says:

That will be a huge relief for you Julie that Husband is so accepting of the situation as it is that much less stressful for you all and you will still be able to spend quality time with him often. How lucky you are to have married your hero and one true love.
    Ingrid