The kiss (with captions!)

on March 28, 2012

This morning I was sitting on the back doorstep feeding bits of bread to the peafowl. When I ran out of bread, I was lucky enough to witness and photograph this lovely scene.

Teenage peacock (left): What perfume are you wearing?

Teenage peahen: I don’t wear perfume – I’m a bird, silly!

Teenage peacock: Well, you smell lovely!

Teenage peahen: Thanks. Are you okay? You are acting a bit weird.

Teenage peacock: I like your shoes too.

Teenage peahen: Oh, will you just stop these ridiculous compliments and kiss me?

Teenage peacock: I thought you’d never ask!

Once again, romance is born!

32 responses to “The kiss (with captions!)

1. Oh, they are so cute. It’s the first time I visit your log. I’m really surprised of your birds. So you own them, right?

2. Tracie Louise says:

That’s so adorable…. don’t you just feel so privileged when you get to witness moments such as these.

It was all so quick and am so glad I had camera on hand. I wish you could come here and take some proper photos! Yes, watching this little flirtation was indeed a privilege!

3. Palestine Rose says:

Over the top in beautiful and spectacular. Doesn’t get any better than this.

4. Your pictures are delightful. I enjoy all the antics and adventures. But the blogs load very slowly. I think it is because you are uploading full sized photos and WordPress is compressing them on the download or telling my computer to compress them on the download.

You are probably able to compress them yourself before you upload them which would speed things up considerably. I know you are new to this and you may not be comfortable doing that yet but you may want to keep it in mind.

I really enjoy your blog. I thought the Emu story was sad and funny all at the same time. Best of luck with you progress as a blogger.

Thanks so much – yes I do need to do something better with the photos so I will take your advice … eventually. I have subscribed to your blog because I love the concept. Good to know you!

5. magsx2 says:

Hi,
    Perfect captions for your photos, they are a pair of darlings. 😀

6. avian101 says:

🙂 Ha, Ha That’s my dear Julie’s wit!

7. visualriver says:

Great series of photos. You really captured the iridescence in their feathers too.

8. Paws To Talk says:

We love it!
    Bella and DiDi

9. Fergiemoto says:

I love the dialogue!!

10. dou dou says:

Aw, birds are so sweet

11. batgurrl says:

Love is universal. My Crows do the same thing and we go ooooooooo. Thank you for this lovely smile I have tonight.

12. SanVar says:

Aww they are so sweeeeet !!! I love ur little stories everyday about ur lovely birds…thanks for sharing 🙂

13. bluebee says:

It’s like a graphic novel in the (birdy) romance genre 🙂

14. P&B says:

What happened to Angelina and Brad? Ha…ha..

Priceless!