Blue or white?

on March 29, 2012

As most of you know, we have a lot of peafowl. Most of them are blue but we also have the three white ones. Many posts ago, I wrote about ‘Angelina’ (white peahen) and ‘Brad’ (blue peacock) and their budding romance. Since then, their relationship has had a few ups and downs (because all of the peacocks love Angie and all of the peahens love Brad), however they are still very much together.

I hadn’t given a thought to what their offspring might look like until my friend/niece, Jane, sent me this picture from flickr….

So, the future looks very interesting indeed!

26 responses to “Blue or white?

The makings of beautiful offspring indeed! Could you imagine? 🙂

2. norinep says:

Wonderful photos! How great to have access to these birds! 🙂

3. Are you going to hatch their eggs and see what happens?

That is amazing! I can’t wait to see what other variations can happen in the patterning. So strange and lovely at once! ~ Lynda

5. artfulanxiety says:

It’ll be interesting to find out!

6. magsx2 says:

Hi,
    OMG, how gorgeous is that peacock, truly magnificent. 😀

Awesome! I never thought of a mixed peacock. I thought their offspring might be muted–like pastel blues and greens, like when you combine shades of paint. What fun!

8. Fergiemoto says:

Yes, very interesting! I’ve not seen a white one before reading your blog, so that one really intrigues me.

9. Nicky says:

WOW – can’t belive how amazing nature can be sometimes . . . totally outdoing our own imagination !!

Sooooo funny,

Now I’m beginning to wonder what a young peacock from this pair could TRULY look like. Is it possible for them to mate (firstly) and also, do you actually know what they might lool like Iif they really DID mate).

(forget the digitally re-mastered internet suggestion – I’m being serious here).

11. I was thinking someone knows how to use Photoshop very effectively but then I read your comment above. I’m still a little on the undecided side on something like that unless I see it in person. I’ve just seen way too many claims that ultimately proved false upon more detailed research.