‘Me time’

on March 30, 2012

I hope nobody will be disappointed if I say that I do not buy into that whole ‘me time’ concept. My whole childhood was all about me – enough!

To have an identity that wraps itself around Husband and Son in a bearhuggish way, that is reciprocated a thousand-fold by them, is a much better way to be a ‘me’.

Angie agrees!

I don’t want this ‘me time’ thing I’m supposed to pursue. I don’t even know what it is;  is it tapestry, or yacht cruises or real caviar? Is it writing for a living (okay, that is rather tempting); is it growing pumpkins, is it about learning how to fly?

Okay, enough about me ….

35 responses to “‘Me time’

1. martalorenza says:

Dear Julie,
    I discovered your blog two days ago, when I realized you liked “Life”. I’ve read some of your posts and your presentation so far. What I found struck me a lot: your family, your passions, your kindness to people, the way you speak about things…thank you!
    God bless you all, marta
    ps. As for the blog “Life”, I only try to translate the blog of a friend of mine (“Vita”)…

2. avian101 says:

It’s healthy to vent a bit once in a while, it keeps one going. It kinds of makes new space in your mind for other stuff and what you vented goes to a lower level. Part of survival i may say.
    It’s ok Julie, I’m listening! 🙂

3. Thank goodness for your bearhuggishnish Julie. I’m sure everyone in your immediate vicinity truly appreciates the heck out of it! What a cute little peacock? Margie

Your me time is this blog of course and very kind it is of you to share your me time with us so that we can have us time.

Me time is just about giving yourself the same love and nurturing you naturally do to your animals, son, hubby!! Sorry you don’t’ get any caviar or cruises 😉 Your homework from me today is to remind yourself every 4 hours that you love and accept yourself – and your wellbeing is of paramount importance! The rest will take care of itself…. xo

6. Hi Jules!
    I get your point. I recall during the ME movement of the 1970’s feeling rather put off because I could not wrap my own ar,s around the whole thing. Now that I have so called “me” time, my kids grown, never raised, lessons learned that it’s a gift to let your own kids raise their own children,and empty nest that became a brand new marriage in many ways. I just need more of “them” time.

Enough about me too!

7. My “me time” is always shared with my sweet Thing, otherwise it is not special, it is just “alone time”!

8. magsx2 says:

Hi,
    Your “me time” is your blog, a place that you can write about what ever you wish to share in the blogosphere. 😀

9. Oh Julie, I think ‘me time’ is exactly what you’ve described here in your feelings about your life. You love. Your love is reciprocated many times over. And all that blossoming feels like, in your words, “a much better way to be a ’me’.” You’re the one who gets to define that for yourself.

If you’re finding comfort and coping well, why would anyone ever argue with you?

10. bluebee says:

no (wo)man is an island

11. Tilly Bud says:

You have it whether you like it or not 🙂 Your me time is the time you spend with your birds and blogging.

12. Ingrid Rickersey says:

Angelina is so appropriately named – the resemblance is uncanny 🙂

13. I think that some people get a little carried away with “me” time, but I also think that everyone needs a dose of it to keep them sane. Some people just tend to overdose.

14. Ingrid Rickersey says:

It would be better for the word ‘should’ to be deleted from our vocabulary as it always implies guilt. We can make suggestions or recommendations without actually giving advice, which would be better.

15. sofichick says:

You crack me up!! I’ve been one of those ‘me time’ seekers at times in my life. What I realized was that I was doing too much and then getting upset about it. Life was too busy for me – literally. I couldn’t seem to find me in my own life. It wasn’t until I began to strip away all the extra stuff I was doing – the busy stuff – that I found me in my life again. Now I use the me time as a gauge. If I find myself needing it, then I know it’s time to strip back down to the basics. When everything is in balance, me time becomes ME living the TIME I’m given. 🙂

16. I do need some me time each day or I’d get burned out with my business. Thus I schedule a little me time here and there each day, time to go to the Zoo, Sea World, Safari Park, beach walking, a photography expedition………………….