Phoenix rising

on March 31, 2012

Phoenix 1, our only remaining golden pheasant (see first posts for that story), is finally, finally, coming to terms with his ‘only’ status and is my new best friend. Lately he has been coming closer and closer to me at the back doorstep and he seems a lot happier now that he is interacting with the other bird breeds.

I am searching for a female pheasant to keep him company but they are not easy to find.

He isn’t quite as obsessed with his own reflection in the window as he used to be, but he still likes to have a quick glance now and then. Well, you can’t blame him, can you – he is absolutely beautiful and he knows it!

37 responses to “Phoenix rising

1. avian101 says:

What a gorgeous bird! First time I see one like that. Thank you Julie! πŸ™‚

If you go back to the beginning of my blog you will see some amazing pics, taken by my niece, of the battle between Phoenix 1 and 2. It was both awful and awesome!

2. Oh my, he is gorgeous!!

3. janechese says:

I love observing birds and this is a first for me. Greetings from Alberta Canada. Jane

He’s gorgeous!!!!

5. What a beautiful bird! I have never seen so many colors and designs on a bird before.

6. DD, I am just shaking my head. What a beauty. I just try to picture you in the midst of everything going on around you. Margie

7. Trisha says:

He is a beautiful bird! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a golden pheasant before. I had no idea they were so colorful.

8. magsx2 says:

Hi,
    Yes I should imagine it would be hard to find another pheasant, they are not something you see very much at all. But they are a beautiful bird, such gorgeous colours. πŸ™‚

9. Fergiemoto says:

He’s certainly a beauty!

10. P&B says:

Magnificent! Nothing else I can comment. God, you really have this guy in the garden… Find him a mate now.. we want him to have more chicks.

11. Good luck in finding a mate for him.

12. janeslog says:

Reminds me of a Budgerigar. Are they not native to Australia?

13. That is really one amazing looking bird. So handsome!

14. Beautiful, beautiful bird. I hope you can find him a mate.

15. WordsFallFromMyEyes says: