What happened to the novella?

on March 31, 2012

I just remembered I was supposed to be writing this novella which is in a separate wordpress blog, all cold and lonely due to lack of attention. Not sure why I forgot about it – I must have had too much me-time on my hands (sorry, but what a load of crap that ‘me-time’ post was – cringe and apologies to those who have no me-time!)

So, tomorrow is the first day of April and I plan to finish the novella by the end of the month. You can find the first few chapters at jmgoyderfiction.com

Critics welcome!

27 responses to “What happened to the novella?

1. bahharvey says:

Please let me know any updates. Perhaps it will encourage me to get started on my vignette that I want to write

Go for it with the vignette. I am going to discipline myself to write one chapter per day (even if it’s just a short chapter hehe!)

• bahharvey says:

Is this other site useful for writing a book? Do you find better response on wordpress? Do you have some coach/mentor helping you with this project?

My other site is just the novella – no advice on it for writing a book.
        I taught creative writing at the local university for 16 years so I am trying to be my own mentor/coach.
        writersdigest.com is a great site for writing tips

• bahharvey says:

Is there some way I can send my stuff to you for you to critique? Do I post on wordpress, this other site you use, or other email? I would appreciate advice from someone who knows the “business” and can correct my ways.

I’m not teaching any more but am supervising a couple of PhDs so that’s pretty time-consuming. I would be happy to critique a small sample if you send it as an attachment to juligoyder@gmail.com but as you already write so well I’m not sure if you need a critic – it’s more of a determination thing I guess. There are some great books I can recommend too.

• bahharvey says:

Send the book titles when you get a chance.

I wish you lived closer and I would lend you the books. Are you still going to send me a sample?

• bahharvey says:

I will start working on it – thanks for the encouraging words!

You are welcome!

2. hugr5 says:

What’s the plot?

🙂

Started your novella. Unusual format, with such short chapters, but I like it. Each incident is telling.

4. Randy Roberts says:

Writer’s Digest! They’re…um…still around, huh? I subscribed to their magazine back before everything was on the internet. Their tips actually helped me get some poetry published. I found your novella, and am currently reading the earlier chapters.

5. Writing your novella is your me-time!

6. Seriously? On top of everything else you do? Yeesch! Go DD! Margie

7. Once I catch up on comments, I will definitely check out what you have done so far!

Wondered about that! ~ Lynda

9. I understand the lack of attention. I have about thirty chapter ones written. I never get to chapter two due to lack of attention. lol