Tina Turner

on April 30, 2012

Husband has always adored Tina Turner and that song, “We don’t need another hero!” It’s easy to find on youtube but here is one link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1FPK5-Rm38

I hope the real Tina Turner doesn’t mind that we named a rooster (who we thought was a hen) after her, but the resemblance was uncanny and our Tina has the very same feistiness!

I rang Husband in the nursing lodge a moment ago and asked him to confirm that it was the Tina Turner song, “We don’t need another hero” that he loved so much. I even sang a bit of it on the phone which made us both laugh. He said yes.

Here are the lyrics to this famous song:“We Don’t Need Another Hero”

OUT OF THE RUINS OUT FROM THE WRECKAGE CAN`T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE THIS TIME WE ARE THE CHILDREN THE LAST GENERATION WE ARE THE ONES THEY LEFT BEHIND AND I WONDER WHEN WE ARE EVER GONNA CHANGE LIVING UNDER THE FEAR, TILL NOTHING ELSE REMAINS
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING WE CAN RELY ON THERE`S GOTTA BE SOMETHING BETTER OUT THERE LOVE AND COMPASSION THEIR DAY IS COMING ALL ELSE ARE CASTLES BUILT IN THE AIR AND I WONDER WHEN WE ARE EVER GONNA CHANGE LIVING UNDER THE FEAR TILL NOTHING ELSE REMAINS
ALL THE CHILDREN SAY WE DON`T NEED ANOTHER HERO WE DON`T NEED TO KNOW THE WAY HOME ALL WE WANT IS LIFE BEYOND THUNDERDOME
SO WHAT DO WE DO WITH OUR LIFES WE LEAVE ONLY A MARK WILL OUR STORY SHINE LIKE A LIGHT OR END IN THE DARK GIVE IT ALL OR NOTHING
I quite like the way my copy/paste of the above lyrics has accidentally crammed them altogether into a single wordy crush of feeling – a single paragraph and decades of meaning….
Thank you, Tina Turner.

40 responses to “Tina Turner

1. Sofia says:

LOL!! This is soooo funny!

2. magsx2 says:

Hi,
    It is a fantastic song, and I love your the two photos as well, very much alike. 😀

3. Pat Bean says:

Great wakeup song. Thanks for sharing

4. Tammy says:

He’s a beaut! My “Tina Turner” is named Josephine and “Showgirl” is written all over her face, just as your Tina has, also!

5. niasunset says:

This was so lovely and made me smile too… You are amazing dear Julie, Thank you, by the way I love Tina Turner too… she doesn’t seem in these days… with my love, nia

What a likeness between the rooster and Tina, lovely colours, and had a good chuckle at the blog.

7. Haha thanks for the belly laugh. The rooster does look like Tina! But does it have nice legs as well?

8. The resemblance is amazing! Love the song. And the sentiment – that at some point we have to stop looking for heros to rescue us from our fears and do it ourselves.

9. angelasommers says:

Thanks for the laugh – love this!

10. Sue says:

I can see the likeness! That is a great photo of your hen (rooster).

That’s my favourite of your menagerie.

12. I loved that song too, but I really enjoyed seeing the rooster in the same blog. No wonder you named him/her Tina. A treat to hear the song again and a LOL to see the photo of your Tina.

13. Paws To Talk says:

We like both Tinas!
    Bella and DiDi

Love the photo of your Tina Turner, and from that angle, your Rooster sure does look like the real Tina Turner.

15. batgurrl says:

Wow – never thought of this song as inspiration for us as we age but as I read it I became charged to make a differnece.

See you did succeed in being poignant!! And did I tell you in the 70s we had a polish chicken pair that looked just Tina too. They were so goofy and cool. r

16. I really think that the real TT would think it was a compliment!

TT sure looks like that rooster! I wonder if she ever thinks about how hideous she looked then. haha! …all we want is life beyond the thunderdome…Wow!

18. Sonel says:

hehehe, love that Rooster! Tina, move over! LOL!

19. bluebee says:

Perhaps a bit of TT played to the gang might distract them and stop them from biting you…well, cows like jazz

20. P&B says:

Love his/her hairdo. It’s one of my screen saver now.

21. Fergiemoto says:

I see the hairdo resemblance!