The Hot Potato Award

on May 20, 2012

I think I have been nominated for a few blog awards now and, to begin with, I didn’t know what this even meant. Then, when I realized, I felt a bit overwhelmed and underserving and grateful and reluctant. Eventually, I got consumed with guilt at not having fulfilled the various criteria, especially when I realized it was a lovely way of acknowledging fellow bloggers. Alas, except for a couple of recent nominations, I am not sure who or what or how I do this thing so I have decided to invent what I think is a rather brilliant strategy for award ‘reluctantees’ like me and that is to re-package whatever award anyone nominates me for (which is unlikely as I have so far been unwittingly ungracious) as The Hot Potato Award. Here are the rules:

• The Hot Potato Award can only be given once (this is not Pass the Parcel!)
  • The Hot Potato Recipient doesn’t have to do anything except  to accept the award and put it on their blog (oh no, I am going to have to find a picture of a hot potato -any suggestions?)
  • The Hot Potato Awarder must state which award has been re-cooked and write a few sentences to describe why she/he is giving it to the recipient.

I am sure I haven’t thought of a few things here so any ideas appreciated!

Now I just have to go back and find who nominated me and hot potato them – hehe!

22 responses to “The Hot Potato Award

1. I think this is a great idea!

Brilliant Julie!! We so needed a default like this 🙂 Great thinking !!

Not sure if I’ve thought it through well enough and I hope nobody will get upset – yikes! I haven’t ever accepted an award because it’s just not my style!

3. terry1954 says:

when ever i nominate you i leave my nomination under your personal comments

4. niasunset says:

This is amazing… Nice idea… Congratulations dear Julie, Thanks and Love, nia

I don’t know enough blogs or enough about them to nominate anyone for anything, (and I don’t want to know any more so don’t mind missing any hot potatoes out there), but you deserve your nominations. I love your blog. You deserve recognition. I stuck a link for it in my last blog, because I think people will be lucky to find you.

6. unikorna says:

Congrats on the award, it’s truly a lovely way to meet new interesting bloggers :).

That’s OK, at least you knew what we thought of you and that we thought you were WONDERFUL! 🙂 I have received three awards and only ever posted one of them because I don’t know how to accept the compliment… and like you, when I let enough time get away from me I also forgot who had sent them.
    ~ Lynda

8. Brillant Jules. I want to adopt this award giving nature. And accepting. I never know if I am being insulting or if I just say thak you is that enough?

9. Great idea and love the rules!

10. […] The Hot Potato Award (jmgoyder.com) Share this:FacebookTwitterPrintEmailLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. […]

11. […] The Hot Potato Award (jmgoyder.com) Share this:FacebookTwitterPrintEmailLike this:Like5 bloggers like this. […]