Funny incidents

on July 3, 2012

FUNNY INCIDENT 1

Anthony and I just had a nostalgic talk on the phone about the Captain Stirling hotel (where he thought he was last night). He remembers vividly his delusional episode which I find rather remarkable. I remind him of our stay there when I was heavily pregnant.

Me: You took me to the cheapest hotel in Perth, with a room that didn’t even have a bathroom so I had get up and go to a communal bathroom a million times during the night because of being pregnant and needing to use the loo. Your were such a tightarse!

Anthony: I thought it was quite romantic.

Me: You really ARE deluded!

Anthony: Remember bumping into Ed in the bar? [distant relation around Anthony’s age]

Me: How could I forget that! Remember how we didn’t understand why the bar was so crowded with middle-aged women?

Anthony: And Ed told us is was ‘Grab a granny night’!

Me: It was appalling! So why did you think you were there last night?

Anthony: Because it looked exactly like the Captain Stirling.

Me: So you’re okay today?

Anthony: Yes, I’m not there today.

Me: Where – at the Captain Stirling?

Anthony: Yes, I’m back here.

Me: Okay, I’ll be in later – I love you.

Anthony: [mumbles incoherently – this is happening a lot now]

Me: I can’t hear you – what did you say?

Anthony: I love you.

Me: Well it’s about time you said that!

Anthony: I couldn’t remember the words.

You gotta laugh!

FUNNY INCIDENT 2:

Ming and I have the usual mother and son conflicts and after a particularly horrible argument, which Ming later insisted on analysing every nuance of until we were reconciled (rather exhausting), we had this conversation-

Ming: Mum, I don’t want to see any of my friends for awhile.

Me: Why? What’s wrong?

Ming: Nothing. It’s just that I want to work on repairing our relationship.

Me: You really are unique, kid!

Ming: I try.

We both laugh!

FUNNY INCIDENT 3

Adolescent peacock 1 [we have too many for me to name them!]: Is Julie watching?

Adolescent peacock 2: She’s trying to take pictures you idiot! Turn around.

White adolescent peacock: I think I’ll leave you guys to it.

Angelina: Those two peacocks are getting very cocky aren’t they, Malay.

Malay: Hey, watch your language!

Tina Turner: Don’t worry, New Kid, around here this is considered normal behaviour.

New Kid: How do they do that feather thing?

Tina Turner: I don’t know and I don’t care!

Phoenix 1: Their need to flaunt themselves deeply saddens me. It’s a sign of the times. I prefer to let my beauty speak for itself.

Adolescent peacock 2: I told you to turn around. Do you think Julie wants a picture of your bum?

Adolescent peacock 1: I can’t turn around because you’re in the way. I’ll try again tomorrow – I’m exhausted.

New Kid: I’m having a bit of trouble adjusting to this place, Malay.

Malay: Don’t worry, New Kid, I was born here and I’ll look after you.

41 responses to “Funny incidents

1. You sure can catch the expression and match the words to them. So funny!

Very funny.
    Actually I like the feathers on peacock’s bums – they’re so decorative and have such lovely patterns.

3. Thanks for the laugh – you and your birds keep us very entertained!

4. I like the conversations you had with Anthony and Ming!

5. bluebee says:

You are so good at writing tragicomedy, Julie.

6. bluebee nailed it – you do write a mean tragicomedy. enjoy all your posts, even the hard ones–but you certainly do have a wonderful sense of humour (absurd but wonderful)

7. Rhonda says:

Jules, this is a riot and so much fun! I love your birds and you.

8. I’m obviously behind in reading the blogs I love. I have to say that you are both, (you & Ming) are amaxing! I so love that you raised a kid that would even have his relationship with his mom on his radar. You & Anthony have done a fine job Jules!

I have decided to embrace a brilliant typo of yours ‘amaxing’ – I love this – let’s make it a new word, Baroness!

• Oh gosh! Well, I am so happy that it was a fun typo and gives us a new word that has so much signifigance for us. I love the new word and will use from now with a big grin and thinking of you each time and just how truly amaXing you are

xoxoBB

You are the one who is axmasing!!!

9. terry1954 says:

this was very good and entertaining. loved it!!

All 3 funny stories are delightfully charming Julie…. Very struck by your son’s sense of insight and depth (though knowing him Mom over the last few months, just not surprised). And your rebellious peacocks …. 🙂 xxoo Yay! So glad you are feeling improved… now my turn to turn it around! xo

Yes, when son is good he ‘is very very good and when he is bad he is wicked’ – hehe! (I have no idea where that quote comes from – a nursery rhyme I think!

11. Great pictures! Wonderful expressions and your dialogues make it that much more fun. Favorite Tina Turner and the New Kid.

12. janechese says:

Great! I finally got to see the peacock displaying. And got a kick out of the quips.I find it interesting that Anthony can remember some of his hallucinations and it is good that when he is “here”, he knows it. And your son, what a blessing he can be.Sometimes when I am going through tough stuff, I reach a plateau where I get a break and it renews my outlook on life and refreshes my spirit.

Thanks Jane – yes those two peacocks are only teens so their feathers will actually double in length eventually. I love what you say about the plateau – Juliexx

13. I love your birds. They have such distinctive personalities.

14. Ming is a good boy. Instead of hating you like a normal teenager, he wants to fix things.

15. Fergiemoto says:

I love that a teenager is interested in repairing a relationship with a parent. Don’t see that very often.

16. I believe what you wrote made a ton of sense. But, what about this? suppose you added a little content? I mean, I don’t wish to tell you how to run your website, but suppose you added a headline that grabbed folk’s attention? I mean Funny incidents jmgoyder is kinda boring. You should glance at Yahoo’s home page and watch how they write article headlines to grab people to click. You might add a video or a picture or two to get readers excited about everything’ve written. In my opinion, it would bring your blog a little livelier.