I am having a haiku phase!

on August 13, 2012

We didn’t know that

everything would get so hard.

Our smiles would falter

We always knew that

our marriage was forever.

In sickness and health.

We didn’t know that

he’d have to have surgery

on his twisted back

42 responses to “I am having a haiku phase!

1. Life is full of so many things we didn’t know but you have come through all and yes sometimes you must feel why did this happen to us but you have to focus on all the good things and not stew over the bad stuff…….Ming had his surgery and his back has improved and you and Anthony are still in love yes his health is not what you would like but you still have him

I’m really loving your posts… lovely…

3. nicely put – truth can fit form

4. A sombre set of haikus born of life itself. We don’t know what comes around the next corner: but here’s to the strength to see it through and still recognise the signs of love in every day.

5. Rhonda says:

Unrules…Senryu is like Haiku only it deals with human nature rather than nature. It’s usually a bit satirical, but still….this is more Senryu. Call it what you will, it’s still beautiful and sad and whistful and you!

xo
    UNC.

6. A few words can say so much.

7. terry1954 says:

thank you for letting me in a bit more into your life………..

8. dou douu says:

OK, I am catching up here!

What a twist in that back – Geez – so glad he is all better ๐Ÿ™‚

Amazing post— nature isn’t a requirement anymore for Haiku (i’ve been told) … and you captured so much feeling in so few words (+photos)… loved it Julie ~ but sad too … you know? xo

10. eof737 says:

You are a Haiku natural m’lady! ๐Ÿ™‚

Great stuff .. don’t have a clue .. about this haiku, leave it to the professionals. Looking at Mingโ€™s back, it looks hurtful. Wonderful photos and great small poems.

12. ok what the heck is haiku…I keep seeing that word everywhere…. poems with only 3 lines?

13. I’m so confused
    my mind is muddled
    I wait for your response….

Is that Haiku? ๐Ÿ™‚

14. Wonderful picture of you on your wedding day. The suit was beautiful and the color and sheen of the fabric gave you lovely soft glow that seemed to framed your happiness that day.

15. niasunset says:

Life what will bring us we never know, dear Julie… But the most important part or thing is LOVE and I can see this in your photographs and words too. Blessing and Happiness, Thanks and love, nia