Spot the difference

on August 29, 2012

Here are two photographs (I concede that these are not very good photographs but that isn’t the point of this game). Okay, so you know those newspaper games where there are two pictures that, at first glance, look identical and you have to find the differences? Well, here are two photos that are different from each other in numerous ways but there is only one significant difference. Can you find it?

49 responses to “Spot the difference

1. Louise G. says:

It’s a different emu?

And as to why sometimes, we focus on the difference — maybe sometimes, those crying days are simply to remind you that you are human. What you are experiencing taxes your compassion, love, and heart because it is hard and you are human and you never expected this to be part of the journey, or Ming’s or Anthony’s. Sometimes, the only difference you can make is to let the sorrow and grief out through your tears.

Just saying….

You inspire me. You make me want to reach out and hug you and say, ‘it’s okay. you’re doing your best and your best is all you have to give.’

Hugs

I guess I just think I could be doing it better. One of the most hearbreaking things for me to come to terms with is the fact that Ming has come to terms with the fact (in his own adolescent mind), his father has gone.

Oh, you guessed wrong by the way – try again with spot the difference – hehe!

2. Glad you could make this meeting with your student. We’re sure there are many differences between the photos but the one we noticed was the second set of Emu legs in the first one – lovely nobly knees!

Looking at the pictures … I can see that a pair of birds legs are missing …
    My heart is aching when I read about what you all are going through because of Al’s illness – tough and rough exciting, so happy that my mum are clear as crystal bowl .. even if her body has given up … so difficult to be a bystander too.

4. Ingrid says:

Willy wagtails in one of the trees! 🙂

5. Ingrid says:

We always think we could do it better but I reckon if we could do it any better we surely would, so be assured you are doing the best you can. Yes it’s so hard for Ming cos on some level he has already lost his Dad, not being able to relate to him in a more “normal” way. So it’s just really hard – life is all so complex and challenging … among the good stuff!

6. Ingrid says:

Find the difference:
    top photo he’s smiling and just eaten …
    bottom photo looking for food and not yet smiling!
    How am I doiing? any clues?

7. Are we missing an emu? Just got an awful chill when I wrote that. Sending you a big hug.

8. there’s another coming around the corner in one…that’s all I see… Hope you have a better day today…

9. he is in a different spot — he is lighter in colour in one — he seems happier in one — I really don’t know – glad you had a bit of respite – though it probably did not seem like it when you picked up your son and he made his announcement, which when you are young is not surprising at all

There’s a hand & arm near the chair on the verandah in the first shot and no hand/arm in the second shot.

Yay, Victoria! I knew you would see Anthony’s hand!

• victoriaaphotography says:

Must be my photographer’s eye for detail. I was always good at those magazine shots of two pics side by side where you had to spot the difference too.

I also have a talent for seeing beyond the obvious.

Mind you, I’me not as good as I used to be, but for a Brain-fogged retiree, I still have great powers of observation. If anything, I think that power is enhanced dsince buying the DSLR. I’m forever looking for the small details on my walks, that might make an interesting photo.

I have slow reflexes and am not very observant – that’s why I appreciate you and your blog so much – getting me to SEE!

There is no difference.. you’ve got me all cross eyed now staring at your photos.. the two emus have move from one photo to the other.. but that’s all I can see..
    Crying is a great stress reliever… it’s good for the heart, sole and mind… so you have your weekly cry, it’s good for you…
    With Linda’s cancer I tried to be the “Mucho man” cry, no way, that’s for woman… till one day it was all too much and I sat near a dam and did my best to fill it… it was such a good relief to have done it… just made me feel so much better…

12. Ingrid says:

There is a second emu in the first photo that isn’t in the second photo … that’s it isn’t it … or you’ve photo shopped it !!

13. terry1954 says:

looks like two different birds

14. changeforbetterme says:

Hmm what I noticed is that one emu is missing and someones hand! First picture looks like someone is standing on the porch pointing to the emu. The second picture you can’t see the emu and the hand is gone. Interesting.

15. I see a hand and another emu in the first photo that I don’t see in the second. Do I win? What’s my prize?

A pair of gorgeous gams took off in the second one???

I totally saw the hand — then scrolled down to see if anyone else did and until Victoria – don’t think so ? I could not imagine who’s hand it was — but saw it instantly == and my eyesight is blurry from meds in the eye!! 🙂 Sending you Love Julie xo Hope I’ve caught up with your posts- out for the whole day at the medical center – now I wait for the news (find the difference) on my hip MRI 1 year later which was last one… will keep you posted! 🙂

18. The first one has two emu the second only one……………

19. Ingrid says:

There are two emus in the first photo and only one in the second

20. Is that Anthoney sitting on the porch maybe, peeking around?