This odd little family

on October 12, 2012

I love this odd  little family of mine – the three of us – Anthony, Ming and me.

Ants is 76 and in a nursing lodge due to advanced Parkinson’s and cancer, and Ming is 18 and suffering a disease called adolescence.

I’m kind of in the middle at 50ish.  I love them both equally but sometimes it’s almost as if I have to make a choice about who needs to be prioritized. Do I privilege my husband or my son?

That is a very good question.

43 responses to “This odd little family

1. shoreacres says:

What about yourself?

2. susielindau says:

You just do your best and that is enough! 🙂

3. jmgoyder says:

Okay – I think you are probably right Susie!

4. magzmama says:

We love you all too.

5. Louise G. says:

I agree with Susie — My best is good enough.

6. terry1954 says:

I agree, you have to come first, always, and look who is speaking here, lol
    but anyways, i guess it comes to who just trying to be there for whom ever is in need, but you first

I’d go with yourself first and then it’s up to you and the circumstances… the motherhood and wife balancing act…. boy am I glad I’m a man…

you first!! then they get rewarded with the very best of you !! xxo

9. That’s a tough one. I say privilege yourself. If you don’t take care of you, who will take care of them? Sending positive energy your way, always in my thoughts.

10. I think you are a great wife and a great mother and that both know how much you love them. xo

I think it’s all about pacing and knowing what to do & not do (at the right time it’s needed).

All 3 of you deserve quality time, but you must give time to yourself most of all. If you’re not rested, uplifted and inspired, how can you expect your Mind & Body to be there for others.

Don’t forget to nourish your body in the right ways too. I say eat properly 6 days a week and on the 7th eat whatever you like (rubbish or junk food if that’s your desire).

Life is all about Balance. Find the Right Balance for You (& the other aspects of your life will just naturally fall into place).

12. jmgoyder says:

Okay, Auntie Victoria – hehehe!
    You are a star – Juliexx

All good advice here. I have nothing to add. The trial is tough, but you will come out on the other side – and I say intact and healthy with all our love, prayers, and support. If our bodies can’t be there, our hearts are!

14. Fergiemoto says:

Our health has to be the first priority. Otherwise, how can we help others.

15. I think you have to answer that every day – whose needs are most important in that moment? Sometimes it will be one, sometimes the other.

My dear you need to address your needs 1st, that allows you to meet their needs better. — Bill

17. mrs fringe says:

A tricky balancing act. I weigh out who has the greater need at the moment. It isn’t perfect, but it works. It took a long time for me to remember I should factor into this equation, too.

18. At least there is a cure for Ming’s diesease “adolescence” even if it feels like it will never end

19. eof737 says:

You are doing the best you can.. no need to choose either or… Just my two cents. 😉

I take turns. I’ve always told Nate that I’m crazy about him on Thursday. On Friday, he’s at the bottom of my list and has to work hard to get even a hug. My husband, John, gets the weekends, Holly gets Mondays because she hates them and needs a boost, and Ty gets Tuesday–alliteration. I don’t care about any of them on Wednesdays. That’s my “me” day.

21. My Homepage says:

… [Trackback]…

[…] Read More Infos here: jmgoyder.com/2012/10/12/this-odd-little-family/ […]…