Whose egg is this?

on October 19, 2012

The chooks lay all of their eggs in the same place – in the chook house – and Tapper, the duck, lays hers there too. The geese, on the other hand lay them anywhere and everywhere. There aren’t that many goose eggs but every now and then I see one in the middle of the lawn and I wonder whose egg it is. Then, the other day, I was sitting at my little picnic table near the bird yards and Ola just popped one out right in front of me (it’s the same one I put into Ming’s scrambled eggs the other night).

I have now asked Ola if she wouldn’t mind laying her eggs in the yard. She has agreed.

19 responses to “Whose egg is this?

1. Ahhhh–I do miss those giant geese eggs. They make wonderful omelettes.

2. terry1954 says:

that is so cute!!!!!

3. I will be quite impressed if she sticks to that agreement!

She’s such a cute duck. 🙂

For some odd reason, she looks as though she understands you…

Hell if you could train them to come into the kitchen and drop them off there for you… it would save having to walk out to the yard… less effort…

Glad that Ola and you … have an understanding .. and talk the same language. Have a great weekend.

8. TBM says:

I’ve never had a goose egg.

LOL! Geese are so funny about egg laying. Polly laid her first egg right in the yard and was obliging enough to let me photograph the whole ordeal. Then I gave her half a bail of straw in the barn and she took right to it. 😉 Of course, now that she has the straw in the barn, she lets me know when she wants to lay an egg, and won’t leave me any peace till I let her out to go there!!!
    😛

10. Fergiemoto says:

It’s nice that she is so amenable!

11. bluebee says:

Such a sweet co-operative one, that Ola 🙂

12. Aren’t the chickens very clever, always laying in the chook house. Good girls.

13. Ola is so beautiful. Nice of her to be so accommodating too!