Our blue wrens!

on October 24, 2012

As you can see from the following pictures, I have discovered the secret to good photography. You will have to read below to find out how I accomplished this.

The secret to good photography is to get someone else to do it. These are courtesy of Elen Wood. Thank you Elen!

50 responses to “Our blue wrens!

1. Ha ha ha! We are deeply grateful to Elen for taking these gorgeous photos – what stunning birds!

2. Why are they YOUR blue wrens?………..lol

3. so vibrant
    that is how I take good pics–have someone else do it (and I was a photographer for our town paper years ago–now I notice they do not send me out with a camera much anymore – lol)

and they are so good… well done Julie… you’ve discovered the secret…

It’s a good secret.

6. OMG!! What glorious colors! Lucky you to see such beauty. Our wrens are brown. We say they wear tweed suits. Thanks. Kathy

7. Louise G. says:

I like it when people reveal the secret — cause then I can do it too! šŸ™‚

Gorgeous birds.

8. Ms. Boice says:

Oooooh, I’d love to see those birds sometime!

9. 2me4art says:

I’ve never seen this type of bird before. Stunning! & you are very funny!

10. tersiaburger says:

As always I leave your blog with one or other smile on my face! You are so funny and yes, the wrens are as stunning as the photos!

11. As a long-time bird watcher, I love these pictures. Rarely do you get to see a wren so clearly and four photos no less. It’s a beautiful bird! We don’t have anything quite like it in the Southwest US. Thanks for revealing your secret!

12. artsifrtsy says:

Awesome work Ellen!

Dang! I was already to get the secret. šŸ™‚

What a wonderful bird ā€¦ have never seen a bird that blue before ā€“ so beautiful. You have a great sense of humor ā€¦. Maybe you should take my photos from now on. Great idea.

15. Such pretty blue birds

16. terry1954 says:

i was holding my breath, waiting for the secret to these awesome photos, and then u said that!!! LOL, wow, u got me on this one

17. camsgranny says:

You got me on this one, I was marveling about your skills!!!! šŸ™‚

Your wren is beautiful! Our Carolina wrens are rusts and browns–adorable, and our house wrens are smaller and darker brown…and bossy. I love them, but yours is stunning.

Julie, what a good friend to let you share with all of us! My favorite shot is the last one.
    ~ Lynda

20. hugr5 says:

My problem is that I can’t easily look at pictures. I WISH I could. Blast my inadequate computer!

Blue wrens? šŸ™‚ We have brown wrens! I wish I could see a blue wren!

Are there squirrels in Australia? If there is, I wonder if they look like our squirrels. We have SOOOO many squirrels. Some people here don’t like the squirrels because the squirrels get into their stuff (the human’s stuff). I admire squirrels because they are survivors. They’ve learned how to survive in OUR environment – and sometimes that means INVADING our STUFF! :)))))

Do you have squirrels? šŸ™‚

hugauga.wordpress.com / hugr5

21. Fergiemoto says:

ha, ha…very clever of you!
    Those are great photos! I love the color of the cute little wrens.

22. eof737 says:

That is one gorgeous bluebird. šŸ˜‰

23. niasunset says:

So lovely so lovely… Thank you dear Julie, love, nia

My secret to ‘good’ photography is to take 101 shots and there’s a pretty good chance that at least one will be good enough to share on my PhotoBlog.

(I say 101 shots because the first time I took my little camera ‘out’ on a social occasion – my girlfriend’s birthday in 2010 – I took 101 photos – 100 of them were so blurred, everyone who saw them thought I was drunk. But, one shot turned out to have reasonable focus. Hence my theory that you need to take 101 shots).