Realms of reality

on November 5, 2012

It’s as if I live in two completely different worlds – two realms of reality.

Both worlds are uniquely beautiful but with sharp edges, like rocky islands, impenetrable.

I wade, frolic , and sometimes nearly drown, in the unpredictable sea between the two worlds but I always make it to one shore or another.

A teenager and an old man – a father and son – two worlds.

Sometimes I dive deep into the ocean of my own world and find treasures buried in the sand.

Usually I just find two – one for Anthony and one for Ming.

Today I found a third in the form of a little island between the two realms.

It is just big enough to build a small hut, the water is fresh, the sun is warm and I can still see.

I can see in the dark – from realm to realm to realm.

30 responses to “Realms of reality

1. Julie–I am glad you found your island.

2. beautifully poetic – lovely writing on a subject so close to your heart–you know I really enjoy your creative writing–it is just beautiful (I like your other writing too)

Julie this is breathtakingly beautiful ~ so heartfelt – I can feel the tugging in my own. Sending you huge hugs and a kiss too my dearest friend ~ xo R

I wish I had the beauty of your language. Your imagery sometimes stuns me with its richness. Lovely.

Give this island a name… so that you can return to it whenever you want….

6. terry1954 says:

what a beautiful description of a world u live in!

7. mrs fringe says:

Remember this island exists, and how to get there–for you!

8. janechese says:

You have a space for you. Excellent! (and essential to your well-being).Jane

So beautiful written … you emptied your heart and soul in this post. So happy that you have found a place that you feel comfortable in – a place in between … I think you should give your island a name.

10. sbcallahan says:

it is good to be queen:) seriously i am so moved and happy for you to find your own place in the sun.

11. It must be international imagery day! I love this post. Heart-felt and packed with emotion!

12. Now you have found your island make sure you go and visit it often so you can get away for a bit from the stress of dealing with the men in your life………….

13. WordsFallFromMyEyes says:

I like this Julie, very much. realmTOrealmTOrealm…..

This is a beautiful poem Julie. I love how you draw us right into your very heart.

Honestly, Julie, if you don’t start putting this into order for a book I’ll never understand why. Simply beautiful emotions set to perfect prose. ~Lynda

You are so very poetic. Beautiful expression.

17. Fergiemoto says:

Wow, beautifully and eloquently written!