The excursion

on November 8, 2012

This morning, the nursing lodge bus came out at 10am with ‘the men’s group’. It was a great success!

Staff, residents and volunteers

Morning tea

Godfrey’s gang did their contortionist act but were outshone by an impromptu perfomance by the turkeys

Anthony and me

48 responses to “The excursion

1. He looks so happy,the birds look happy, and you do too. What a treat …… For us all

2. janechese says:

Even if they don’t remember it all, you did a good thing today and gave a lot of people joy.

3. sbcallahan says:

joy joy joy down in my heart for you!

4. Anonymous says:

What a lovely idea, and what a beautiful day for it. 🙂

5. What a lovely idea, and what a beautiful day for it!

6. yellowlancer says:

I agree with ‘janechese’, they may not always remember in the traditional sense but they can still feel joy, goodness and kindness and if that’s all they have left, give them bucketfuls!

7. what a great idea you had. it looks like it was a success for all

8. So glad it went well – the birds can always put on the perfect floor show!

Looks like a wonderful outing for the ‘Boys’ – hope it will be the first of many.

(& I love the photo of the turkeys).

10. Susan says:

Beautiful

11. what a treat for everyone involved — and you have such built-in entertainment with your birds

Oh Julie that looks so good… what a wonderful idea…

13. TBM says:

Ah, wonderful!

14. What a great idea this was. I love the photos! Is it going to be a regular thing?

Wonderful …. nice weather and loads of men … *smile – splendid idea and everybody had a good time I can see. Will they be visiting the farm every time for now on ???? I think it was very special for Ant – it’s his farm they all visit. I bet he was proud over the farm and you inside.

16. That’s good news! Will they be visiting again?

That was a good idea.

18. tersiaburger says:

Wonderful idea! It must of done him the world of good. You look so happy too… Wonderful memory!

19. and a marvelous time was had by all. So glad this happened and for it to become a regular thing is quite the development. I’m so happy for you all.

20. Oh I am so happy that it all went well………….love the photos…………

21. Trisha says:

Yay! I’m so glad it went well. It looks like everyone had a good time, including the lovely turkeys. 🙂

Wonderful! They all look like they are having a good time. Especially Ants. I’m so happy for you that it’s going to be a regular thing, Wonderful! 🙂

Glad it was a success!

How wonderful, and those turkeys sure put on a good show for everyone! 😉
    ~ Lynda

25. janeslog says:

Looks like everyone had a great time. The sun was shining and it looks like it was quite warm. The men will have enjoyed their trip today. Everything is so much better when the sun is shining.

(It has been bucketing with rain all day here, but your happy pictures have lifted my spirits. Hope all the men enjoyed their visit today.

26. Andrea Kelly says:

What a wonderful gift you gave them, Julie! I love this.