Godfrey becomes godly

on December 9, 2012

IMG_1403

Godfrey: I’m sorry I bit you yesterday, Julie.

Me: No you’re not!

Godfrey hissing

Godfrey: Yes I AM!

Me: No you’re NOT!

IMG_0530

Godfrey: I think you are jealous of me, Julie – face it!

Me: Godsy, it is the other way around! I love the gang as much as you do but, and I hate to break this to you, they love me much more than they love you.

sdc10323

Godfrey: But why?

Me: Well, you scare them. You are so overbearing and bossy and your habit of biting the hand that feeds you is not fashionable anymore.

Godfrey: Oh I think I am going to cry, Julie.

Me: Let yourself, Godsy, and try to remember how we began….

julie-and-godfrey

Godfrey: I’m so sorry, Julie.

Me: Good!

23 responses to “Godfrey becomes godly

Seems to me that Godfrey is the Boss and there’s no two ways about it.
    It’s surprising that he bites the hand that feeds him though.

Is this normal behaviour for a male goose? Or is he just greedy and can’t bear the rest of the gang sharing the handout (of food)?

He was our only adult goose/gander, when we got the little goslings so it has been a power struggle of protectiveness ever since. I wouldn’t mind except his bites are wounding!

2. He’s a tough old buzzard.

Julie, sometimes I wish I had a bunch of animals running around here so I could have indepth conversations with them. At least it would hide the fact I am talking to myself, and worst yet answering myself. Take care, and have a most pleasant day, Bill

4. diannegray says:

Hahaha – Godfrey is so cute (and definitely the boss!)

5. Your posts remind me a little bit of Rita May Brown, I think I have her name right.. Her characters are set on a farm with the humans and animals each engaged in the others social circle. There is always a mystery involved and the animals are very observant of the odd human behavior. Her books are easy to read and entertaining. I love your conversations with the birds. I talk to my Jack all the time.:)

6. eof737 says:

I kinda like him… Good old Godfrey! 😉

I love the photo stories… says so m uch about what is on the go on the farm… love it..

8. janechese says:

I am sorry to hear that Godfrey bit you. i guess it is in his nature. But nice to see him eating out of your hand.

9. at least he said he is sorry

10. And nearer to Godfrey are we!

11. janeslog says:

The small Tesco store near me often sells off bread at 10 pence which I buy for the birds at Strathclyde Park. Last time I was there I was surrounded by Mute swans and Greylag geese all trying to grab the bread.

Now I break up the bread and then just put it down before running away from the resulting melee.

12. bluebee says:

He’s a cranky one, that Godfrey

Godfrey, is a man … and they have male problems too .. when getting older. Just let him believe that he is the boss *smile … once again love your bird life – but don’t send him to me .. just now. Have 3inc of snow and he will end up on somebodies Christmas table, my neighbors are used to have goose for their dinner.

14. I really do have a soft spot in my heart for that ole grump.

15. terry1954 says:

you are such a beautiful lady!

Hoo-boy does this look familiar! 😉 ~Lynda