Rejection rescue

on December 13, 2012

IMG_1155

Peahen 4: What is that noisy thing?

Princess 2: It’s definitely not mine!

IMG_1755

Gutsy9: MUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me: Argh!

Okay, Gutsy9 is now around 4 days old. I have taken him outside to meet his potential mothers but none of them will take responsibility. They just look at him as if he is an alien and he keeps running back to me anyway. I will keep trying but obviously he will need to get a bit older before he is re-integrated.

In the meantime he is living on my shoulder. I love it!

28 responses to “Rejection rescue

1. terry1954 says:

I m just so in love with this baby……………….so precious

2. aw, I am really liking this little guy.

I am so happy that you have a bird on your shoulder… it bodes for a good year to come… and I see you with a bird in the house in the future… love it…. the fact that he escaped the demise of its brothers and sisters tell you something… it’s a toughy….

4. dodsy says:

no rush eh julie 🙂

5. does that mean you have a very dirty shoulder?

6. Reminds me of the children’s story ‘Are you my mother?’!

7. Susan says:

Is one of them his actual mum or is he still a mystery? LOVE that he was sent to you!

8. Poor little rejected # 9. Never mind, at least you and he are loving the alternative. Well done!

9. mimijk says:

Is he adorable!!! I love that he’s hanging out on your shoulder..

10. I would love it too. He is such a cutie! I don’t know why those lovely ladies are rejecting him.
    He looked like a good specimen to draw. Would you mind taking a photo of him really close up with all those pretty markings?

11. I think that Gutsy-9 is your baby for keeps. He loves you. Look up the children’s book Are You My Mommy, it is adorable, perhaps you can read it to Gutsy-9 while you are outside with the other mommies and he’ll get the idea.:)

He’s sure a cutey. I had a parakeet when I was in high school that would ride on my shoulder all around the house. Loved that bird. I can see why you’ve fallen for Gutsy.

Julie, you will have him around your legs forever now. He are so adorable. *smile

14. Trisha says:

I think he’s found the mum and dad he wants in you and Anthony!

15. usmansami says:

And this is just so cute 🙂