There is nothing like having a peacock on your shoulder!

on December 21, 2012

Over the last few days I have derived an enormous amount of joy and comfort from an unexpected gift – Gutsy9 – the little peachick who mostly lives on my shoulder.

IMG_1836 IMG_1841

53 responses to “There is nothing like having a peacock on your shoulder!

1. The unconditional, intuitive love that animals provide is so heartening, isn’t it?!

2. You just want to squeeze him, he is so sweet. Gutsy9 still hasn’t been welcomed by the adult females I gather, well they don’t know what they are missing. I almost wish that Gutsy 9 wouldn’t grow up,

Gutsy9 is so sweet & adorable – it’s a shame he has to grow up one day.

4. catchatcaren says:

better than “sunshine on your shoulder”

5. Too sweet! I am loving this little guy!

6. Susan says:

Welcome back! What a lovely friend.

7. Lynda says:

I missed you. Did you have a nice rest? With every post about Gutsy9 I find myself wanting a pair of them! Simply darling!

It’s nice to have something to snuggle and cuddle. Besides, Gutsy’s irresistible. How could you not enjoy her? Nice to have you back!

9. rohan7things says:

That is just so darn adorably cute ^_^ Awwwwwww 🙂

Love it, thanks for sharing 🙂

Rohan.

Welcome back. I was worried.

11. niasunset says:

This is so beautiful, so lovely and amazing, dear Julie. I loved so much. Thank you, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year for you all, love you, nia

12. There is something comforting about having a little or cuddly animal curl up to you. I used to have cats that I found this with …We have a little dog and sometimes he’ll lie beside me…..but with cats it seems to come so natural…I never did have a little ‘chick’ though….He’s adorable..Take care….Diane

13. Northern Narratives says:

He’s your best friend.

14. terry1954 says:

awww so precious. your own little furry friend to snuggle with

15. I knew you could not stay away from us long. It is not fair to have a bad week this close to Christmas–I too am having a bad week, but I have decided to just ignore the bad stuff if I can and deal with it next week. Julie – I wish you a better week and wonderful Christmas–if that is possible.

16. robincoyle says:

So sweet. I didn’t know they are social.

17. I am glad your blogging break wasn’t too long. We missed you. LOVE little Gutsy9/ Mine are way past that cute stage now.

*laughing ….. yes, there is … to have an adult peacock in your bed!!! Adorable cute.

Julie, You must have a wonderful shoulder to rest upon. Gutsy is looking like he has the world by the tail. — take care, Bill

20. oldsunbird says:

Oh, you’re attached already! And who wouldn’t be? He is so sweet!

21. He is so bloody cute…………….hope he doesn’t poop on your shoulder that would not be cute

22. WordsFallFromMyEyes says:

All I want for Christmas is a peacock for my shoulder, a peacock for my shoulder, a peacock for my shoulder!

23. It’s unconditional love. I get the same joy from my dogs 🙂