Peachick poop

on January 13, 2013

pea 285pea 013

Now that Gutsy9 is a bit over a month old, he is producing poops that are larger than the size of a pinhead. He still spends a good part of each day on my shoulder, but so far he has only had a couple of little accidents there.

But this morning the thing I’ve been dreading happened. I was on my computer and Gutsy9 was fast asleep on my shoulder with his little face curled into my neck when he suddenly woke up and emitted a strange SPHLATT noise and my entire arm was suffused with heat. Arghhhhhhhhhhh!

I flicked him off and he flew to the ground, then I raced into the shower and washed his humongous droppings off my arm. So now I have my thinking cap on (and a towel on my shoulder because of course Gutsy9 has flown straight back up there), and I am wondering….

He is now accepted by the adult peafowl due to our daily outside integration sessions, however he is still too small to leave with them (a) because he is imprinted on me, and (b) a fox or crow will kill him.

Mmmmmm!

47 responses to “Peachick poop

1. terry1954 says:

better get yourself a BIG towel, and maybe make some tiny rubber pants for the little baby

2. In some cultures when any kind of bird poops on you it is considered to bring luck!

3. I haven’t a clue how to house train a peachick. I had a hard enough time with Jack. He was of the thinking that since we went inside he could as well. The towel on the shoulder may be the way to go.

Ha – I already googled it – you can’t housetrain birds because they have special sphincters (I will not elaborate!) As soon as he is big enough he will live outside.

4. Hmmmmm….What if you put something that has your particular scent on it and see if he’ll lay in a box beside you? Could you cover the box with something so he could still see you and not fly out…..Oh dear…this does need a solution before he gets any bigger…Too smalll for a collar and leash…lol….Diane

5. gus57 says:

Thanks for the laugh, Julie.

6. Anonymous says:

just told twins both are very devastated but under stand that nature had to take its course

7. jo lane says:

told twins aahwwww they said

8. janechese says:

You had me laughing. Such is life. (I forgot what danger that crows can present.)Can they be locked up in fenced-in pens for the night or can the foxes get in?

9. rohan7things says:

Wow, he’s getting so big!!

Rohan.

He are still adorable and cute – but – but … and I’m not going to say anything that I already said – but I’m sure it will happen again and not only over your arm *smile – maybe you should do like my mum did when she trained our dog .. so soon an accident happen she throw him outside and it only took 5 days and he was trained.

Julie, having just had breakfast, the timing couldn’t been any better. A peacock poop story, with wet results. Oh how charming. I would be walking about in a pounco to protect me against further accidents. LOL LOL, but that’s just me. Take care have a great day. — Bill

12. Victoria says:

I had to smile at the ‘poop report’ Julie.

I am dreading the day I get pooped on the head by a bird in the zoo aviary and have to catch a very crowded tram home with a poopy smell all over me. It’s gonna happen one day.

13. cuhome says:

Jules, I love how you integrate your journey with Anthony and family, and the stories of the birds outside… so many parallels there… but, I think the thing that strikes me over and over again, as I read your entries, is the sometimes cold and indifferent fact that life, does, indeed go on. No matter what. You do wonderful work, as you reflect your story back to us in so many ways!

14. They say it’s good luck, don’t they? Either way, I am sure it doesn’t feel like good luck.

Love your little Peachick. He’s getting big!
    ~FringeGirl

15. Yucky I think you will not forget the towel from now on………….good that he is being accepted by the adult peafowl now and in time he will be able to spend time with them without you worring about him

16. Trisha says:

I know it’s a serious dilemma but I am cracking up here. It’s just not a problem I’ve ever heard of anyone having before! But it’s so sweet the way he likes to sit on your shoulder. I would go with the towel for now so you can enjoy his snuggling a little longer.

17. Barb says:

This is a good story for how lthe world keeps turning (usually while I’m scratching my head and asking what happened.) That’s for holding up the mirror for me.

Keep him on your shoulder…. “Peachick poop on my arm feeling warm and sloppy” could be the line from a pop song…

19. TBM says:

LOL–I don’t have this issue with my dog. But I do have to pick up after him every day. And then clean the cat litter box. Glad I don’t have to add this to the list.

20. bluebee says:

Time to buy a lotto ticket 😄

21. Lynda says: