WordPressing problems

on January 12, 2013

Apart from once again being subscribed to too many blogs, all of which I love, I am also having a terrible time with WP’s latest innovations. For eg., if I read your blog via the email link, the ‘Like’button often won’t work, and if I read your blog via the Reader, I sometimes can’t get the ‘Comment’thing to work.

So I have decided to take a blogreading break until WP fixes the glitches because it’s too hard. I am not unsubscribing from anyone’s blog but will confine my blogreading to the blogs of friends who are going through very hard times, and catch up with others later.

I will keep blogwriting though because it keeps me out of mischief!

43 responses to “WordPressing problems

1. we all know you need to stay out of mischief

2. I’m having similar problems with Reader…and not sure I’m a fan of what they’ve done with Reader changes…hang in there…

3. aFrankAngle says:

Maybe a reason why I still visit the old fashion way. … plus I’ll look at this issue (well, not that I can do anything about it)

4. fgassette says:

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

5. catchatcaren says:

I haven’t been having any problems and Dakota’s blog is on WordPress. Hoping it clears up for you soon.

6. SnapInTime says:

I often have a completely invisible liker the last few weeks… WP will tell me someone likes my post and no avatar to be seen whatsoever for said person. Could it be someone “liking” my posts via email? I’ve been wondering for a while now! When I read the blogs I subscribe to via email I usually click the hyperlink to the site to reply, so can’t comment on reply difficulties there. Most of the other changes are working ok, though the stats and reader pages take forever to load. I need to load the Blogs tab first and then click the others for a reasonable response time. Bizarre!

7. A while ago for a couple of weeks I seemed to have trouble with the Like button…I needed to sign in every time…(not just the one time that we sometimes have to) and even if I did sign in I had to do it two or three times before it worked…Even though I was tempted not to I persevered…Now everything seems to be okay

I never read through the reader…don’t know why but I prefer through my email…and replies to my comments through the icon ‘that lights up top left corner of screen beside ‘New Post’. I guess it’s just what you get used to.

Hope it clears up for you because it is frustrating….Diane

8. I am trying to get used to the new format in the reader. My blog doesn’t seem to show how many times it’s been tweeted or put on facebook anymore…I used to enjoy seeing that.

9. I get what you are saying because I also look at WordPress and ask WHY? Since I haven’t any interest in computers if I understand how something works, please don’t change it because I will only get confused and frustrated. My failings I know but still, if it isn’t broken why change it? Try to stay comfortable through your insane heat wave. Hugs 🙂

10. Colline says:

It can be frustrating trying to figure out where they have put what. Wastes precious minutes, doesn’t it, when you could be blogging or reading others’ posts.

It’s all a mystery. Don’t do anything that you don’t want to do just because you think you ought to. Do what suits you best and leave any worrying about extraneous stuff to us.

12. Stay out of mischief? Don’t you mean report on it?! The new reader and responder are doing so many of our heads in (yes, it’s Medusa talking) and if WP don’t sort it out we’ll all have to resort to blogging without comment and that would negate everything we’re all trying to do.

Julie, I hardly use … Readers! Don’t know why, but it’s why we sometimes have more likes and visitors – because they like the post before reading it properly. Wonder why we do that??? Like something that hasn’t been read properly. Hope the problems is fixed for you!

I prefer the email to the reader but lately have been trying both.

• viveka says:

With being on my netbook when visiting mum – do I have the same problem as you – it takes such a time to comment and open posts – specially if there is lot of photos and details in the side bars. Really struggling. So email are quicker, but not much. *launghing. Thinking of buying a new PC for home, and bring my old to mums.

14. terry1954 says:

sorry WP is giving you issues. Hope they get resolved quickly. Don’t want you to get into any mischief!!! LOL

15. I do not comment through email but rather use the reader and I am adjusting to the changes that have been made over the past few weeks.
    I do struggle with iPad and am glad to be home back to my computer.

16. By the way, don’t know if you were aware but on your blog, people’s gravatars are no longer coming up. I am not sure if it is something at my end or your end but yours is the only blog that seems to do that and this has only been happening since I got back.

17. It really sucks when we have problems with blogging………..

18. Sorry you’ve been having problems, Julie! Nice to hear you’ll still be writing, though.

19. Victoria says:

I find WordPress to be downright annoying now.

I read every blog I follow when a message arrives via email notifying me of a new post or new comment. I click on the email message to take me direct to the relevent post and/or comment & reply. I’ve always read the blogs & comments this way.

But it’s not so easy to upload photos any more and I can’t see anywhere that allows me to do a slideshow (when I have 10-15 or more photos I’d like to share in the one post).

Like Diane, some weeks ago, I had to sign in every time I wanted to press the ‘like’ button.

To be honest, I think we are all experiencing issues that make WordPress Blogs tedious to access and use these days. But it’s all so intermittent that it’s hardly worth putting in a complaint , as it changes day to day OR week to week.

I have certainly slowed down in my posting now.

(I might add I deleted and left behind my old Google writing blog when I started sharing my new photography hobby a couple of years ago. If these WordPress issues continue, it might make us all rethink using WordPress).

20. I hate what they’ve done to the blog roll (sounds a little bit like what you’d use in the toilet!)
    I got an email on my phone from a blog I really enjoy reading, so I came on the computer to read it and it wasn’t showing up at all. To make matters worse I deleted it from my phone!
    I agree with you.

Julie, I just ignore the WP problems and keep plugging along. Hopefully my work is getting out there, but even if it isn’t, I wrote it, and got it off my chest. Take care, Bill

22. Trisha says:

I know they like to update and upgrade everything but it’s so hard when everything suddenly changes. It takes me ages to relearn everything!

I’m afraid that I’m having the same problems… but having just got back from my walk about I need to catch up… some posts say I’m not logged in and others say I am… one wonders…

24. Don’t get me started on fixing things that aren’t broken, only to break things that are working fine………………………………………………………………………..