Yeeha!

on January 20, 2013

pea 741I have had a few yeeha! experiences lately.

Yeeha 1: Some of my university friends came over the other night with beer, pizza, hugs and laughter. One had her gorgeous fiance with her, plus another friend, then another of my beautiful friends and her daughter arrived, then Ming’s two best friends. It was a fantastic evening, full of wine-induced wisdom, frivolous guffaws, and crowded conversation. Best fun I’ve had for ages! It reminded me of the hundreds of similarly hilarious evenings here when Anthony was well and the life-of-the-party host. He would never sit down.

Yeeha 2: This afternoon I’ve arranged for the wheelchair taxi to pick Ants up from the nursing lodge and bring him home for a few hours. I’ve also invited his nephew’s family and his best mate’s family – a little party!

Yeeha 3: Tomorrow I go away for the 3-night resort holiday Ming has paid for and I cannot wait – am so excited. The only stipulation is that I de-clutter my office first. Wish me luck!

35 responses to “Yeeha!

1. terry1954 says:

sounds like fun and have fun on your vacation

2. camsgranny says:

Pfft… you got this one Jules….get a really big bag, fill it up and stash it somewhere to be dealt with later…hehehe… 🙂

3. ytaba36 says:

Have a great break, and we need to see the ‘after’ photo of your office.

4. Ha! I just read the comment above and I was going to suggest something similar and ask how many beds you have that you can put it under….here’s a thought ..put it under Ming’s bed…he’ll never look there!!! Have a great time…Diane

5. Glad you had some fun. As for the office space, when you finish de-cluttering it would you mind coming over to do mine?

6. you sure that is not my office — we seem to share organizational capabilties – love your yehaws

Sounds like a great day Julie ~ good luck with the project — i need to do same! Have a blast on the holiday get-away ! you sooooooooo deserve it. I am probably going to leave town soon for an extended stay medical adventure out of town — one last attempt before doing something surgical. ~ Ok ~ remember for the office job – everything has to have a “home” ~ that is what my organized friends tell me 🙂 xxoo

8. Have a wonderful break jules , I’m with camsgranny – tell Ming it’ll be easier after your break 🙂

9. De-cluttering the office is the pits! Good luck and have a nice little break my friend 🙂

10. sbcallahan says:

everyone knows the mess reflects the state of the mind! so if you go away and de-clutter your mind you will be able to come home and de-clutter your office. you will have fresh eyes, energy and a more clear mind:) tell ming that is my professional opinion!

Just put it all in black bags and hide it… then get out and enjoy your well deserved break….

12. yellowlancer says:

Good luck! Hope it helps to know you have so many fellow ‘clutterers’ 😦 Just stay on the right side of that very fine line between clutter and hoarding 🙂

13. Hoorah for your yeehas! I’m so pleased and happy for you!

14. WordsFallFromMyEyes says:

I do wish you luck – that looks horror! 🙂

Fancy Ming paying for your 3 day resort holiday. SON OF THE YEAR!!

Enjoy enjoy enjoy

. YIHAA YIHAA YIHAA!!

15. If you haven’t used it or looked at it for a year – put it in black bags and chuck it.
    Have a wonderful, wonderful few days away – yeeha

16. lordy…lordy looks like it’s time for spring cleaning…..reminds me I got some house cleaning to do over here as well…..hmnnn but I don’t get to go away for three days…have fun

🙂

ivonne

17. Glad for you that you are having some ‘yeeha’ moments.
    Have fun and take care …..

18. FacetsofLucy says:

Attack your office in 15 minute intervals and divide it first into keep, donate and throw away. And have a wonderful, well-deserved getaway. I’m jealous of your get-together last night, had one of my own like that a few months back and loved it.

19. Good luck with the de-cluttering, I know that you’ll do it without any trouble,, no problem. Three yeeha’s that is fantastic and so deserved!!! I am so very happy that you are going away for the three days, it will be so therapeutic for you on every level. Enjoy every second!!!! I highly recommend getting a facial, between the aromatherapy they treat you too during the treatment and the shoulder, neck and arm massage while your face is soaking in creams, you will be on a cloud. Highly recommend.

20. Colline says:

The company of others is always so uplifting. Enjoy Antony’s visit, your trip, and good luck on the decluttering 🙂

21. catchatcaren says:

so happy to read about some bright spots in your life and you have EVERY RIGHT to ENJOY!
    ((((hugs))))

22. Lynda says:

Yeeha! is right! Luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck-luck! Sounds like a chicken. (Got carried away maybe?) 😉
    Can’t wait to hear all about it, Julie!

23. africanyouthness says:

Have fun!

24. Smiles. You deserve some good times! Enjoy.

25. diannegray says:

Have a great time at the resort and get some pics for us! 😉

I love Yeeha! moments….

26. Good luck! And have a wonderful time 🙂

27. Is Gutsy going with you on the trip?

Sounds great Julie, enjoy that little resort break too.
    Hope Gutsy9 is not too confused with your absence.

(and I’d like to see the ‘after’ picture of your office too – I’m an obsessively tidy and a ‘neat freak’, but even I have had the occasional big clean out and tidy up).

29. Wow, you’ve got your work cut out!

30. I hope you have a great break away and return feeling refreshed and relaxed………….but decluttering that desk damn that could be a big job or maybe not it you just grap a box and move everything into a box………..lol Which is something I have done in the past and by past I mean around Christmas time…………lol

31. You’ll need three days at a spa to recover from all the work in your office! It’s amazing the amount of paperwork we accumulate. It’s terrible to have to sort through, and I usually end up putting it all in the recycling. Maybe that’s why I can’t always find things.

32. niasunset says:

Good Luck dear Julie, I am so glad to hear this. Have a nice time, love, nia

33. bluebee says:

Your son is so sweet 🙂

34. eof737 says:

I remember… Enjoy your time!