A bird in the bush is worth two in the hand

on February 21, 2013

pea 288pea 148pea 335pea 366

Have you ever had a tug of war with your child over a piece of plastic?
Have you ever stopped your child from munching the remnants of a Morteined cockroach?
Has your child ever bitten you hard on the finger in a fit of temper?
Has your child ever smashed your nose with his when you try to put him to bed?
Have you ever had a child who likes to bite his toenails?
Have you ever had a child who refuses the food you lovingly prepare?
Have you ever had a child that prefers rolling around in the dirt to anything else?

If so, you probably have a baby peacock on your hands!

Note: Gutsy9 is a typical adolescent, which is great because he is getting his independence.

33 responses to “A bird in the bush is worth two in the hand

Julie, Oh the pains and joys of watching our little ones grow and mature. Mama Julie, I am sure Gutsy appreciates the lessons and the moments he has shared with you. Take care, Bill

2. A teenage peacock sounds about the same as a teenage Jack Russell or perhaps they are still toddlers because aren’t teenagers just like toddlers only bigger?

3. (smiling) You’re such a good mom! At first I wondered if you were talking about Ming, that is until you got to the biting one’s own toenails!

4. bulldog says:

I’m saying yes to all your questions and that was about my kids… lol… love the photo of him on your shoulder….

5. shoreacres says:

My gosh – it does sound rather like raising a child, including the cockroaches and dirt. When I was a kid, I had a friend who would eat spoonsful of dirt for five cents. Today, he’d probably charge a dollar. 😉

You must have had better experiences with Ming than most of us had with our children.

7. hello I just nominated you for two awards…..check out my latest post…

8. tersiaburger says:

Julie I don’t think you do the Blog Award thing but I nominated you anyway! I nominated you for the Liebster Award. I hope you accept. http://tersiaburger.com/2013/02/21/liebster-award/

I remember my younger brother eating worms out in the garden when he was a toddler, so maybe Gutsy9 IS more like a child than one imagines.

Good to hear he’s gaining some independence though.

10. adinparadise says:

Gutsy9 looks like a real character. Love those questions, Julie. I can answer “yes” to most of them. 😀

11. Had no idea I raised a peacock!? I had a sister that liked to eat tar off the street.

12. So peacockes are like children or are peachicks like children…………and peacockes like teenagers……..lol

13. eof737 says:

Cute and he is like a child… 😉

14. niasunset says:

I am so happy to see this. Thanks and Love, nia

15. bluebee says:

I think most children love rolling around in the dirt, haha

16. mrs fringe says:

I thought of you and Gutsy this afternoon, as I was walking a dog through Central Park. No peacocks, but lots of robins and the little gray-brown ones–sparrows? 🙂

17. WordsFallFromMyEyes says:

Hi Julie 🙂

I just wanted to say on this one that I love the name ‘Gutsy9’, really love it 🙂

18. These pictures are great!