To Scotland!

on July 9, 2013

Today I am taking my mother up to the airport to fly to Scotland. My beautiful niece is getting married there. Some of you may recall that, having just recovered from a fractured hip, my mother fell off her bicycle and broke her pelvis in two places and her wrist in three. We thought she wouldn’t be able to go to the wedding but she is now almost fully recovered. Bravo, Mother!

42 responses to “To Scotland!

Your Mom is my IDOL!! ~~ may she have a joyful time at the wedding! ๐Ÿ™‚ x

2. Rhonda says:

Bravo indeed! Do you wish you were going? I wish you were, then you’d only be 5 hours ahead of me…safe travels Mum!

3. Glad she’s better and up for the trip… It’ll perk her up… Diane

4. Bravo to your mom!!

5. The Itty Bitty Boomer says:

Yay! So glad she is recovered well enough for the journey and wedding celebration!

6. Trisha says:

That is wonderful!

7. I’m so glad to hear your mom is recovering quickly! Hey Julie, you been riding your bike at all?

8. it must run in the family:) she sets a powerful example.. thank you for sharing such inspiration of spirit.

9. ytaba36 says:

You just can’t keep a good woman down, can you! ๐Ÿ™‚

10. That’s good to hear. We are having good weather here in the UK this/week. Don’t know if you saw we had cycled in Scotland a couple of weeks ago

11. mimijk says:

Bravo to your mom and to you Jules – have a wonderful time!!

12. I hope that she has a fantastic time. It should be beautiful in Scotland at this time of the year.

13. Bravo indeed! And safe travels!

Julie, More power to her, just shows you her spirit and deternation. Good for her, I hope she has a great time. The worst part about it will be that long long flight. Remind her to do her stretching exercises on in the plane. Take care, Bill

15. Astounding recuperation! The weather in Scotland sounds to have improved since I got back from there last week – good thing too. Hope your Ma has a great trip and a super time at the wedding.

16. Vicki (from Victoria A Photography) says:

What an amazing recovery too. It’s much harder for older bones to heal and it’s lovely to think your Mother can make this long trip after such a fall.

I hope she has a (safe) and enjoyable journey and your niece’s wedding is memorable. She must be so excited to be making such a journey for such a special occasion.

17. niasunset says:

I am glad to hear this, have a nice journey to her and Congratulation for the couple. Thanks and Love, nia

18. janeslog says:

Whereabouts in Scotland? Does she need someone to meet up with and show her some nice places?

If she is near Glasgow I can take her to Loch Lomond or to some of the islands on the west coast. The temperature is hitting 30c and it should last for most of July. It’s nice and sunny.

19. Hooray for your mom! Are you going, too?

I hope that she has a safe journey. Certainly there is no better destination than Scotland.

21. mrs fringe says:

Your mother is quite impressive–and yet, I’m not surprised ๐Ÿ™‚

22. adinparadise says:

Well done to your mom. I’m sure she will have a wonderful time, and have lots to tell you about the family, on her return. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope your mum has a wonderful time in my beautiful homeland. Sending prayers for a smooth and comfortable journey. ๐Ÿ™‚

24. How wonderful for your mum!