A peachick + a flame tree + pavlova = a great New Year’s day

on January 9, 2014

IMG_2947
IMG_2948
IMG_2949
IMG_2950
IMG_2951

It was so funny watching the interaction between Anthony and my ever-curious little peahen, Gutsy9. But Anthony was much more interested in his glorious flame tree….

IMG_2943
IMG_2915

And my mother’s pavlova!

IMG_2922

37 responses to “A peachick + a flame tree + pavlova = a great New Year’s day

1. bulldog says:

I love this post… we have a similar flame tree… what a beautiful sight to see when in bloom… I love the interaction between Ant and Gutsy…

2. Judy says:

Love the dessert photo. His fingers are shiny – looks like he licked them. I don’t blame him! 🙂

3. Dear Gutsy9, such hard competition 😉

4. I love the photo where Anthony and Gutsy9 look as though they are having a chat! 🙂

5. Those pictures of Gutsy… staring at Anthony until he pecked at him and got his attention…. were adorable… Diane

6. ksbeth says:

what a wonderful day

Julie, These are some wonderful pictures, thank you for sharing them. It was kinda neat how Gutsy just walked up and gave Ants a little peacock kiss. Have great day. Bill

8. lensgirl53 says:

I have never seen a flame tree….a fitting name for sure, so very vivid and beautiful. Those are good photos to be cherished, indeed. I’ll have a bite of that last photo with my cuppa. 🙂 xo

9. Gutsy-9 has such personality, love her!!! Who would have thought that a peahen’s character would come through so vibrantly in a picture. Your flame tree is magnificent and that Pavlova looks so very tasty. What a fantastic day. 😀

10. A terrific photo-story.

11. Love these photos. Anthony looks good! My eye caught the clothesline…I live in an apartment so I don’t have one, truth is most people in houses around here don’t have one either. I miss clotheslines, I much prefer to hang laundry out than put it in a dryer…ahh I’m remembering fresh, crisp sheets on my childhood bed…

12. Trisha says:

I love, love, LOVE all these things! The curiosity of Gutsy9, the gorgeous flame tree and that lovely dessert that I’ve never heard of before but which looks divine.

13. janechese says:

I like how birds animals etc. bring people into the moment such as the photo with Gutsy and Anthony.. dessert looks yummy.and I have never seen a flame tree nor do we have palms (is that correct? ( the one to the left of the flame tree?)

I go for the Pavlova too.

15. Love the expressions on G9’s face trying to get Ant’s attention. That’s one beautiful piece of property you live on. Yummy looking dessert.

16. Terry says:

Great photos!!! I heard on the TV today that you are having extreme heat temperatures!

17. Rhonda says:

Love the photos of Ants and the peachick…what a great story that series tells. Ha!