Blog email notification mystery

on May 8, 2014

For some reason I am no longer receiving any blog notifications via email. This means that I will need to go to the Reader to catch up I think. Have any other bloggers been encountering this problem? In the meantime, it is going to take me awhile to catch up on blog friends’ posts.

30 responses to “Blog email notification mystery

1. Julie, it happened once to me… go to your dashboard, find blogs I follow… click on it …then see edit on right hand side…. Your blogs are listed and you can see that likely notifications have been turned ‘off’ … select edit for each blog and put it to Instantly, daily, weekly and then and close… I hope that helps Diane

2. Vicki says:

I’ve had that happen more than once, Julie.

Damn annoying. I tried EVERYTHING, and then tried writing a list of blogs I followed, Unfollowing all of them, and then re-following them. Didn’t work either and to this day I get very few email notifications (which is how I prefer to run my life……via email). I get dizzy scrolling through the reader. I also discovered that some people have their name attached to WordPress, not their Blog Title, so I’ve lost touch with several people altogether.

I’m sure some people think I don’t bother reading their blogs, BUT recently I’ve had to start cutting down on blog following, anyway – too much eyestrain and time consuming. My annual eye test last week revealed some more deterioration.

I seem to only get email notifications of the same dozen or so people. I follow 80 (not just a dozen)!

‘writerwannabe763’ had a good point I never thought of though.

(one thing I’ve got rid of forever is all those multiple spam messages anyway).

3. Well, until you wrote this I thought people just hadn’t been posting. I’m still getting a lot of emails. Which I prefer. The Reader doesn’t do it for me. But now I worry I am missing someone!!!!!!!

Julie, Yes I have encountered that problem where the off button got pushed and I wasn’t getting anything. I think there is an evil witch over at wordpress that sometimes just craps on the server to make it do weird things. Take care, trust me if I don’t see you I will come looking. Take care, Bill

5. Colline says:

And the problem with the reader is that you don’t catch everybody’s posts 😦
    I am still trying to figure out how to see all the bloggers I follow on my mobile device.

6. KDKH says:

This has happened to me several times. One day my email program decides that all WordPress email is spam. I have to go to the spam folder, right click on an email for each blog, and select “never block sender”. I also move all the emails to my Inbox, where they belong. I don’t know what triggers it to do this. Good luck!

7. I’ve never had that issue, it happens to you a lot though, wow!

8. WordPress has its hiccups every now and again which can be a bit annoying. Hugs Jules

9. Judith says:

I love the internet, but I’ll never understand it. Glad the tekkies do. Good luck with the blogs.

10. From time to time I lose one or two but haven’t lost all. I have only found out by scanning through my reader.

11. It happened to me a while ago but I was able to sort it by going through the ‘Blogs I Follow’ link. So far so good…

12. janeslog says:

Not yet. Check your settings as you may have pressed a link in error.

13. mpejovic says:

The same thing happened to me a couple of months ago, even though when I when to the Notifications section, it said I was supposed to receive them for the blog I wanted. It came back a bit after that but I don’t think I’m getting it all still. Not cool, WordPress…

You are one of the people I seem to have ‘lost’ due to a WP glitch – so sorry. I will try to use Reader from now on. I haven’t been keeping up very well with anyone lately alas.

• mpejovic says:

I don’t think you lost me. I put my 2 blogs on hold while on vacation and I’m just starting again. I posted a few photo posts but nothing on my motherhood blog yet. I’m slacking… but I’ve been busy with so many other things, it’s been a little hectic. I should have at least one post next week, so check if you get it.

14. I have always just used reader so that I do not get too overwhelmed with too many emails. The reader facility works fine for me.

15. Trisha says:

I haven’t had that particular problem but my reader has unfollowed blogs that I know I was following. The glitches can be so frustrating!

I am still not getting email notifications so am gonna do the reader thing from now on – I feel so bad to have lost touch with people.

16. I have had this happen to me but it came good after a few days without me doing anything

17. You can always tell when WordPress upgrades because things don’t work quite the same afterwards.

18. Just another random thing, I guess.