Another person dies

on October 2, 2014

A few moments ago I found out that a neighbor had died and I got the most terrible shock. His office was next to mine at the university a decade or so ago, but then he retired to run a farmstay. Not so long ago, I gave him my emus because he had bigger yards. He was known fondly as ‘Farmer John’. I have sent a private message to his wife, and will go to the funeral, of course, but am still reeling that he is actually gone.

He left the university to follow his dream of having a farmstay and, with incredible hard work, and his wife’s support and culinary expertise, he made a success of it. I salute him.

16 responses to “Another person dies

1. So sorry for your loss Julie, it is always a shock when we lose someone and the older we get the more it makes us realize how close we are too.

2. The circle of life is unending — I am so sorry to hear of his loss. My thoughts are with his family and you. Blessings dear one.

3. ksbeth says:

i am so sorry –

4. I am so sorry Jules. Hugs.

5. I am sorry for your loss Julie and salute him with you. ❤
    Diana xo

6. susanpoozan says:

At least he was able to follow his dream.

7. mimijk says:

I am so sorry Jules…so very sorry..

8. Rhonda says:

Aw Jules, that is such sad news. I’m sorry for your loss, and send prayers to you and his loved ones. xo

9. tersiaburger says:

So sorry for your 5 xxò

10. A sweet homage to your friend. It’s never easy.

11. janeslog says:

Someone dying is always very sad, but I always tell people to remember the good times. The deceased person will not want you to be sad, so recall all the great memories you have of them. They exist, in a certain way, in the memory and heart of those who knew and loved them.

I remember all the people who have passed away, both relatives and friends. I have a few friends who passed away while young, one while still at school and my cousin who died when in her early twenties.

In my memories they are at the age at which they died – my late school friend is still a 16 year old and my cousin still 24. I still see all their faces in my mind. They may not be walking about, but they still exist and are very real to me.

So don’t be sad for too long. Weep for a while, but then remember the good times and you will be smiling again.

12. Sorry for the loss. I admire people who go after their dreams and passions. That had to have been a life celebrated.

13. My Heartsong says:

Sad for the loss but inspired to listen to my heart as this man did. Good to hear from you on these “pages.”

14. how wonderful to spend the last days of your life knowing you went for your dream. i am of course terribly sorry for the loss of your friend and neighbor. i hate to think of those left behind and their pain.