I should have kept my mouth shut!

on April 28, 2012

Well, it’s drizzling rain and I have the flu, so I rather miserably went outside to let the gang out of their pens later than usual this morning and, almost immediately, all these fights broke out. Seli (one of the ganders) was attacking Baby Turkey; Tapper (duck) had left her nest of unhatched eggs to give one of the Bubbles (turkey) a huge bite on the bum; and then the other Bubble and Zaruma (Tapper’s ‘husband’) started fighting viciously- really viciously. I had seen them do this before but this was really horrible so I kept trying to break them up and then all of a sudden, as I was yelling “Stop it!” they both ended up in the slimy green pool at the centre of the yard and, because I was so close and yelling, my mouth and nostrils were immediately filled with the goop of their splash and a wave of it speckled me from head to toe.

This is the embattled Zaruma who is usually bright white with orange legs and feet, so all of the black stuff on him is the same as what catapulted into my mouth! I have used half a tube of toothpaste; next time there is an incident, I will definitely keep my mouth shut!

43 responses to “I should have kept my mouth shut!

1. Oh no! You poor thing . Yuck yuck yuck 😉

2. Misky says:

LOL! Oh my! 😀

3. You are going to have to throw a penalty flag Ref! ( or is it a penalty card in your sport? )

4. avian101 says:

No comment! 🙂 He, he, he!

5. hotlyspiced says:

Good to know they are a typical family xx

6. Laughter at your expense. Sounds like a regular day for mom! :-). Hope you feel better soon!

I can almost taste it too. Yuck.

Hope you feel better soon. Take care and try to get plenty of restful sleep.

I’d make you some of my home-made chicken & garlic soup, but it’s a bit too far to walk to your place to warm it up for your dinner.

8. terry1954 says:

wow, what a story, u need more toothpaste!!

9. I know I shouldn’t laugh, but you had me laughing out loud and I haven’t even had breakfast yet. What a start to the day (for both of us).

10. 2me4art says:

Oh yuck!!! Where the birds laughing at you?

11. adinparadise says:

Sorry, I couldn’t help laughing, reading this. Sorry you have the flu. Hope you’re soon better. 😉

It seems like life always happens when you’re tired or sick. It’s like kids and animals can tell when you’re deflated or weak.

13. camsgranny says:

Aww Julie, I hope you feel better. Get some rest, and tell the “kids” to behave.

14. You could try spraying them with water. This is what Dimples does when WB and Mrs. P.I.B. get into a fight. It doesn’t work, but it makes her feel like she is doing something.

15. cuhome says:

This sounds a lot like raising children!! 🙂

I’m sorry, but I can’t hit the like button today. Gag…
    If it had been me, I would have instantly been retching.
    Poor thing! And sick too? Not a good day.
    xo,
    ~ Lynda

17. Fergiemoto says:

I bet that was distasteful. Hope you feel better soon.

18. bluebee says:

*laughing* You never know – maybe something in that goop will serendipitously cure your flu – ‘chicken goop for the soul’ Hope you feel better soon, Julie

19. Hahaha!

We had something similar happen while at a small local rodeo the day after a heavy rain. Horse and rider came to dramatic halt right into puddle. There was a whole section of us got doused in muck. You could see how people reacted by what was left clean.

I am late reading this. Hope you are feeling better.

20. eof737 says:

I’m finally catching up again on blog posts. Thanks for your patience! 🙂

21. WordsFallFromMyEyes says: