Contingencies 2

on November 10, 2012

A friend had a fall today and, after hours of checking to see if she’d broken her hip (no, thank goodness), she was released from hospital and is staying with me tonight with two of her beautiful grandchildren who she was babysitting. She is in a lot of pain but is in bed now and I am hoping she will be okay in the morning.

I got the message to call her at the hospital from the staff at the nursing lodge this afternoon,  just as I was pouring drinks for Anthony and me, so I had to rush off. How ironic that I wrote a post about contingencies earlier today.

No time to read blogs or reply to comments at the moment.

20 responses to “Contingencies 2

1. such a busy girl in high demand –people know who to call

2. Man, isn’t that always the way…you talk about something and suddenly you’re dealing with it at some level. In your case, even more than usual! You’re a good friend Ms. Julie. xo

3. Northern Narratives says:

You are such a caring person. The world needs more people like you.

4. cecilia says:

It will be nice to have the company too, busy or not, which you always are! c

5. terry1954 says:

busy day for you!!!!!!

Look after your friend my friend, look after your friend…

7. janechese says:

hope she is well and has a speedy recovery.Contingency plans-what to do if such and such happens.Yes, it is ironic.Take care of yourself, Julie..

8. Love you, Julie! Chin up!

A woman in demand … be there for your friend – we will be here when ever you come back.

10. You just never know what might happen. Contingencies.

11. Maybe not so ironic. Good people are always attracting more good people.
    You are an angel disguised as our very own Jules. ~

12. Hope your friend is doing ok now and she is lucky to have such a good friend willing to help her

13. hotlyspiced says:

That’s so lovely that you could be there for your friend. I’m glad she didn’t break a bone. My mother had a fall nearly five weeks ago and broke the top of her femur. Had to have surgery, a week in hospital, three weeks in rehab and is now home but still can’t weight bare on her leg and so has a walking frame and can’t cook or go up the stairs to her bedroom so is sleeping downstairs and the doctor thinks she has another six weeks of this. It’s been a disaster (especially as she had to cancel an overseas holiday to see my sister). Anyway, your friend is blessed to have avoided a fracture xx

Good to see you having a change of routine – a change is as good as a holiday (no matter how busy the activity in the day).

You’re having a busy time of it, but I bet it’s going to be fun to have grandchildren underfoot for a while. (I hope).

16. diannegray says:

You are wonderful, Jules. Such a caring person…

17. shoreacres says:

And here, half a world away, I was sitting at a quite happy breakfast yesterday when one of my own best friends called. As it turns out, she’d been chasing her dog, fell in the street and broke both her right elbow and left kneecap. The elbow was a clean break, the knee was smashed. Surgery was yesterday – tomorrow it’s off to rehab. We never, ever know what’s going to be our reality from one minute to the next.

I know your friend is counting her blessings – and you’re one of them!

A get-well-soon to your friend. Take care of yourself, my friend.

19. Homepage says:

… [Trackback]…

[…] Read More here: jmgoyder.com/2012/11/10/contingencies-2/ […]…