Comedies of errors

on November 18, 2012

1. With a heart full of love and gratitude to Ming who had mowed lawns all day, then fed and put the gang away, I re-heated my chicken noodle soup made from scratch (yes, I boiled a chicken, boned it, removed the disgusting fat the next day, added noodles, vegetables and spices and voila!)

So tonight is the third night of the chicken soup. On night 1, Ming said it was like heaven; on night 2, he said it tasted even better. Alas, tonight, he said, “Mum, this dinner thing is becoming such an ordeal for me.”

Brat!

2. I rang the hospital this afternoon to confirm the booking for Anthony’s skin cancer operation tomorrow and not only was there no record of this, there was also no record of the original date. So I had to make several more phonecalls to figure out if Anthony and I were real people etc.

I just rang again and apparently we do exist so that is a great relief.

3.  At 4pm I answered the phone hoping it was the peacock rescuer man but it was Ants who had asked a nurse to ring me. He was completely disorientated and kept begging me to love him again. It took a long time to reassure him about where he was, and remind him about tomorrow’s operation.

I said “I love you, Ants” so many times, until he finally believed me.

34 responses to “Comedies of errors

1. dogdaz says:

I am glad that you made the delicious sounding chicken soup (my favorite) to bring your tummy warmth and your spirit calm. Children a definitely brats, but they survive it. Tommorrow Ming can make dinner (hint hint). I have found that many of us do not exist in this fast paced world, and it is almost like you have to scream 24/7 to get the right amount of attention for the simpliest things. Deep inside Anthony he knows you love him, it is the Parkinson’s speaking, not him. Best of luck with the surgery, that is never fun.

2. Louise G. says:

Your comedies of errors are heartbreakingly real — and your capacity to share, to be a light, and to love is inspiring.

Hugs

3. terry1954 says:

why would they not know he had a procedure? or act like they knew who you two were? i bet that was frustrating to Ants and for you, having to prove something over and over

4. …and the beat goes on, and you don’t miss a beat —

5. I love chicken soup! I hope you got all the hospital stuff figured out. (((hugs)))

6. I really should read all the other comments before I comment. Glad to hear everything is scheduled again. 🙂

I hope all goes well tomorrow… and strength to you both…

8. FringeGirl says:

Your chicken soup sounds quite yummy; however, I tend to overuse my meals too. I cook so much that we must eat it for three or four days. By the end, I cannot cook that recipe again for a long time, because everyone is sick of it.

Hope all goes smoothly with the surgery.

Will be thinking of you both tomorrow … any surgery what ever it’s – isn’t fun .. neither for the patient or the loved ones. I’m taking my mum to hospital tomorrow, but only a eye check up – she had a very bad infection and totally blind 10 days ago.
    Wouldn’t mind some of your soup tonight – but I will heat up my yellow pea soup – witch I love.
    Will be thinking of you – not Ming – when I eat it

Good luck tomorrow, Ant & Julie.

10. Oh, Julie. That last bit breaks my heart.

So, for you today is tomorrow? I’m sorry I missed this and I hope all is going according to “schedule” assuming they didn’t loose you again. Blessings to you, Anthony and Ming. ~Lynda

An aside: I am constantly amazed that computers, which were supposed to be the salvation of our neat and ordered lives, have made a mess of it… and most horrifically in the DRs office! Scary, really scary.

12. eof737 says:

You are such a trooper Julie! I’m rooting for you, Ming, and Ants all the way. Blessings! 🙂

13. meg lane says:

Pass Son a recipe book! M. Lane

Glad to know you exist. Sad to think I’ve communicating with an extremely literate, intelligent computer all this time….

15. Home made chicken noodle soup hmmmmmmmm well if you are a soup person I guess it would be good, my mum makes home made soup all the time during winter but it is not for me……..lol

Hope all has gone well with the opperation but doesn’t it suck when you are made to feel like you are a non person………..lol

Thinking of you Julie ~ hoping things are flowing ok ~ you are the heroin my dear friend ~ love u~ Robyn

Sending good thoughts and prayers for a good day tomorrow (today?). Your chicken soup sound delicious. 🙂

18. TBM says:

Glad to hear that you still exist!

Julie, WOW home made chicken soup, that must have been great the 1st time. As my wife will attest I am not a fan of leftovers, no matter how good they are. So like Ming, on day 3 I would have been out some vibs LOL LOL, but I doubt if I would have had his courage.

“I Love You” the 3 most important words one can utter to another. Yes you said them until Ants believed you, and you will do it again and again, because you do. Thanks for the wonderful read, take care — Bill

20. Days like that are hard on us, Thankfully, they only last 24 hours.