Cleavage

on November 20, 2012

I was about to write a post about Anthony’s successful transition via ambulance back to the nursing lodge today but I am too tired from having read a million magazines in the hospital over the last two days. I exhausted one ward’s supply so had to go and ‘steal’ some from another ward. I know I was supposed to do my paperwork but it was putting me to sleep, so I opted for the magazines. I am now an expert on Posh and Becks, I know all of Prince Harry’s secrets and I am getting really worried about Oprah and Angelina Jolie.

I have also seen a hell of a lot of cleavage and, having rarely dressed in anything but collared shirts and jeans, I found it a little confronting – haha! There seemed to be cleavage on every single page of every single magazine I picked up and, when Ants wasn’t drowsing, I would show him a picture and he would say, “Yes but she’s not as good as you,” which is strange since I have never worn anything ever that revealed cleavage.

Funnily enough, when I picked Ming up from music school this afternoon, he said, “Mum, there’s this new teacher who is really hot, but today she was showing a lot of cleavage.” I cracked up laughing at the coincidence then asked him if this were a good or a bad thing. “Well, as a person, I feel like asking women to please put them away, but as a man I am rather drawn,” he said seriously.

I am still laughing and can’t wait to tell Ants when I ring him tonight. He is fine now although his left eye is dreadfully swollen and he is still a bit more disorientated than usual but I am so relieved it’s over and the skin cancer is gone.

60 responses to “Cleavage

1. sbcallahan says:

the age old delimna:) be careful though with those mags, they will make you sign up for procedures you would not want while in your right mind. so glad you have all come through this relatively unscathed!

2. Lots of love to Ants, you and Ming.
    (I don’t get cleavage. Personally I hate it when my melons are all up in my business.)

3. I for one, am sick of cleavage — it is everywhere and confrontational if you ask me. There is a time and place I suppose, but not everyday everywhere. I am not one to expose my cleavage, though until gravity took hold, I never had any anyway. Seriously, women, button up–your cleavage does not make a good statement in so many situations–as you can see, this has hit a chord–I want women to be proud of themselves not their assets.

4. I love Ming’s comment!

I agree that there is far too much cleavage around – apart from the fact that sometimes I think we need to leave more to the imagination that some of those women do, surely they must feel cold!!

5. There’s a woman on the cooking channel whose attire I never paid any attention to until my husband pointed out that she always wore a cleavage baring top. After that, it was all I did see. Every shot of chopping an onion or stirring a dish ended up framed with a giant cleavage. I can’t even watch anymore. Sigh.

6. TBM says:

Wasn’t expecting this one today. I have to appreciate Ming’s response–and it gave me a chuckle. Wishing all of you the best.

7. Funny! Yes those magazines portray the worst– under the assumption that’s what readers want. Then all the ads for cosmetic surgery. How about celebrating the beauty of aging?
    Glad all went well and you can spend some time at home reading quality literature!

A little out of company here to give my opinion on cleavage… Looks good on some and not so good on others… although I must admit some look totally out of place… almost like tennis balls with pointers to the heavens… feel like bouncing a coin off them…

9. Colline says:

Good to know that Anthony’s operation was a success 🙂
    As to cleavage – I always wonder why these women feel they need to expose their bodies in that way. On a certain level it does demean them. Are they hiding their lack of intelligence? Or conversation? Just wondering ….

10. Louise G. says:

I think your son is incredibly wise and honest! 🙂

Glad Anthony transitioned well.

I’m glad that you are keeping abreast of the gossip. (Sorry)

12. Cleavage has always just been a pipe dream of mine! 😉

13. cecilia says:

Good God your son sounds exactly like my eldest son, sis he have a rather droll sound to his voice!? Glad things have settled down again.. c

Glad for Anthony’s successful surgery, and sorry you didn’t bring a book with you to pass the time. As someone who has never had cleavage I just don’t understand the need to let it all hang out. I love Ming’s mature musings! ~Lynda

15. Ming cracks me up! Don’t forget to send him for a visit.

16. FringeGirl says:

Ming’s comment probably sums up every man’s thoughts. There is a whole lot of cleavage in this world, and here I am, trying to tuck mine in. lol.

Wonderful … Ming he noticed the cleavage – good for him. Love his comment about his teacher. So long she don’t think Ming is hot too.
    Glad that Ant is back on the home, because the atmosphere on hospitals are not the greatest, even if I don’t mind being there when I’m sick.
    Read somewhere that Poch is expecting again and she only weight 46 kilo. Glad I’m only famous here. *laughing.

Great news about Ant and so relieved for all 3 of you.

So funny Julie ~ Ming is a riot!!! ~So happy Anthony’s surgery is behind you guys now … and you are finding ways to smile!! xxoo Much Love dearest friend ~ R ps: I always thought cleavage was kind of cool ~ but had to do the push-up bra thing to capture any 🙂

19. janechese says:

This quite funny, especially bull dog’s comment, and I like Ming’s honesty. Even I find myself staring at “the girls” when they are staring me in the face-definitely distracting.. There have been studies where a woman in business can make a sale showing cleavage but the male customer won’t remember anything about the product, just the free show. So, women you can’t fight nature. If you want respect as a smart woman dress appropriately.And I have a good-sized pair but I do cover up.I prefer eye contact.

Julie, I am glad that Ants made it back to the lodge in a manner that was not overly traumatic for you or him. You say you have seen to much cleavage like it was a bad thing. LOL LOL, I guess I will take on the childish behavior while Ming takes the mature route. All kidding aside I am glad it worked out. Take care, Bill

21. adinparadise says:

LOL @ Ming’s comment. You brought him up well. 🙂 I’m so glad that Ant is healing well. It must be a huge relief. I have a very modest cleavage, and I’m glad that I do. At least men look me in the eye when we’re chatting. 😆

22. Ah, Julie, you have wise offspring….

23. Hugs to you Jules for getting through a couple stressful days.So good to hear Ants is doing better.
    I have to say your Ming is priceless.

24. robincoyle says:

You gotta open a post titled “Cleavage.” I agree. What is up with all the boobs in our faces?

Sorry I missed your post about your husband’s surgery. I hope all is will.

I had little modesty when I was young. Mini-skirts were in, and Charlie’s Angels were bra-less. So much fun, especially since it scandalized my poor mother.

26. It’s so good to here that Anthony is recovering well. I love Ming’s comment – very honest!

27. I have never given much thought about cleavage maybe that is because I don’t have much of a chest……………lol I liked Ming’s comment about it though honest and I think he is not alone most men have such feelings, or they like a woman to show her cleavage except if it is his woman…..

28. dou dou says:

Too funny. A friend of mine got a call the other day from an ex-girlfriend whose car had broken down. So he goes to help them and the 15 year old daughter is there as well – and so was her cleavage. My friend made her put a shirt on.

29. Fergiemoto says:

ha ha…Ming’s response is hilarious and not what I would expect from a teenager!

30. eof737 says: