Patriarch

on December 5, 2012

Last night I rang Anthony and, instead of the usual commiserative, areyouokay? conversation, I blathered on about a whole bunch of farm/child/other problems I was having. My blah blah blah went a bit like this:

Can you believe it? The peacock man hasn’t come, I can’t find three of the girls so they’re probably nesting in a paddock or killed by the fox or maybe the neighbour has shot them and I am at my wit’s end!

Ming is fighting with me again; I think we should send him to bootcamp – what do you think? I can’t stand it!

Oh bloody hell now this other thing has happened and I don’t know if I can see you tomorrow because I have to …. argh!

You know that old lawnmower – is it worth fixing? What if it blows up? How am I supposed to figure all of this out? What! Are you crazy? How can you possibily help when you can’t walk – oh sorry, sorry!

Well of course I’m stressed – why are you chuckling? How dare you chuckle!

Yes, yes, yes, I know you love me. I love you too. Can we develop a new repertoire – this is getting boring!

Oh, all right, are you sure? Okay. Yes, I feel calmer now – thanks, Ants! G’night.

I miss the patriarch.

14 responses to “Patriarch

1. yeah, I’m sure you do 😦
    hug from the other side of the island..

2. terry1954 says:

What a day you had! I get the same way. As soon as something goes wrong with my house, I get frantic. I am used to a man taking care of man issues.

3. Sometimes you just have to vent a bit and as long as your venting doesn’t bother Anthony or causes him to much upset then do it…………

4. it was easier when two were making decisions– though at my house we seem to have to argue our way through things but we always end up okay

5. I bet you do miss him!

This post reminds me of a little thing I used to do at my previous job. I would be overwhelmed with a million things to do and my boss would come to my door. I just knew he had a new task for me so before he could say peep. I would start talking about anything and everything and throw question after question at him and he would answer them all and then leave, forgetting what brought him there in the first place! 😉

Did Anthony get it Julie ~ in a way he might feel good about even being there as a sounding board for you…. he can feel needed this way… think about ? ~ Hoping all works out with the struggles and your mom… keep me posted! xo Love

7. sbcallahan says:

this was so great! this had to be good for both of you. any time i can be of service to others it makes me feel more like myself again. keep talking

8. Tammy says:

SO awesome – of course you miss him. And what a good thing for him to be able to listen-on several levels I’m sure he is appreciating that you would share with him, even when it isn’t all roses.
    Hugs from Vermont,
    Tammy

9. camsgranny says:

I’m sorry Julie, this had me giggling right from the start. While I understand to you it may not be funny, if you sit back and think about it, you either giggle, or well… you know. Call the peacock dude, send Ming to boot camp, blow up the lawn mower, and to hell with the rest of it, it’s time for a beer. 🙂 Love ya! It will get better, and I know you miss the patriarch, but I believe he has taught you the answers to the questions you have. The fact that he is chuckling over it…..

10. janechese says:

I thought it was funny.

11. Louise G. says:

I love how by simply ranting on about the goings on at the farm, you were able to connect with him — and make him chuckle and lighten your load all at the same time! Well done.