First brother

on December 7, 2012

DSCN0826

My first brother, BJ, turns 52 today which is wonderful because for the next six weeks or so he will only be a year younger than I am – ha!

BJ is a chiropractor, like our father was, and he is now working in the Solomon Islands with his wife and two of his five children (yes, First brother and Baby brother surpassed me long ago in the baby-making stakes).

This is him with our mother a couple of years ago. He has taken to wearing a kilt because his eldest daughter is getting married in Scotland next year and I think he also quite likes the look of his own legs.

img161

And that’s BJ on the left, Baby brother in the middle and me on the right – in our father’s arms.

Both my brothers have inherited our dad’s love of being a father.

Happy birthday, BJ!

40 responses to “First brother

Beautiful story, Julie! I’m so glad you shared today! ~Lynda

2. Nice to meet your family. Happy birthday to BJ.

3. neve16 says:

That’a a gorgeous picture of you guys 🙂

4. Great pictures – I love the black and white – you were such a cutie and first brother sure looks like dad in the recent photo!

5. camsgranny says:

I see your Mother in you Julie! What a good looking bunch of peeps!!!!

Now there’s a happy post.. a little bit of Julies history… thanks for the share…

Awww – this is such a lovely post — great photos ~ you were so adorable in those glasses!! Your Mom so beautiful … how is she doing? ~ Sending lots of love and birthday wishes for your brother !! xo

8. I love that photo of you with your dad 🙂

9. I can see a lot of first brother in Ming. Happy Birthday BJ!

10. I only have one brother and he is amazing and I love him so much even if he can be annoying

11. fgassette says:

BEAUTIFUL PHOTO. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BJ!

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

12. shoreacres says:

What?! You have another brother? You’re a lucky woman! Thanks for sharing – and happy birthday, BJ!

Almost anyone looks better in a kilt.

14. Your dad looks like Gene Hackman! That’s who I thought it was until I read the post.

Julie, those are wonderful pictures, thank you for sharing them. — Bill

16. OK, I know this post is about your brother but you look a lot like your mom (a younger version, of course!). Or am I wrong?

17. A beautiful baby brother you have Jules. Celebrating hm like you have in this post is a testament to your relationship with him
    My baby bro is just 4 yrs younger than I am but he has always felt almost like my first child, my first to take care of and because of it I hold some maternal pride with him.
    I am the middle child between two brothers, the only girl. I wonder if my older brother feels the same about our baby bro & myself.

Celebrating who they are, what they are, and who they have come to mean to me as adults is the gift my brothers have most surprised me with.

Who knew they could be so sincere?

I absolutely love the photos, especially seeing one of your stunning mom. She is so beautiful Jules ~ This must be where you get your “amaXing” beauty and smile.

18. eof737 says:

A pleasure to meet him and he looks good in a kilt. 😉
    ¸.•*¨*•.♪♫♫♪Happy Birthday to you BJ! .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ♥