Delusions

on January 3, 2013

Last night, I received a phonecall from the nursing lodge. It was around 8.30pm and the nurse said Anthony had been very difficult and delusional and she asked me to talk to him.

On the phone he sounded confused, mumbly and paranoid, and when I tried to reassure him that he was in safe hands he got angry with me and asked me why I wasn’t on his side.

Apparently he had refused to get up or to be helped from the dining room to his bedroom and when the nurses attempted to use the hoist he freaked out a bit. He is scared of the hoist and seems to think it is a form of torture.

Another phase begins.

51 responses to “Delusions

1. It never ends for you–so sorry Julie (hugs)

2. camsgranny says:

It’s not that I like this post, but I do understand it. Momma was terrified of the Hoist, she felt she was not in control, and was scared of it, she thought of it as torture too. The only way it was ok, was if a nurse held her hand (or me) and talked to her the whole time. I even let them do it to me while she watched, and I will admit, I didn’t like it either.

3. Life can be such a pain.
    My thoughts are with you.

Oh gosh – i hope not another stage but some passing phase instead Julie….heart and prayers always for you…. Love always ~ R

5. While it is so difficult try to remember your hope and Ming’s for 2013….Thinking of you…Diane

6. terry1954 says:

I am so sorry to hear this Julie, so sorry

7. Anonymous says:

Oh my Goodness – sounds ghastly.
    My imagining the sight almost made me cry.
    Sending you lots of cyber hugs (or perhaps I should send them to Anthony?).
    V
    xox

8. Oh poor Anthony it must be aweful to be confussed and scared

9. So sorry, Julie. It is a kind of torture to watch someone you love so much in confusion and angry bewilderment.

10. TBM says:

Sending all of you a hug.

11. fgassette says:

Praying for all of you, that a spirit of peace will settle on your lives.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

12. So sorry to hear that. hugs to you and ants and ming!

13. FacetsofLucy says:

Prayers for strength for you and comfort and peace for you both. I am so sorry.

14. Thinking of you. I know it is hard to concentrate on yourself but once you are well enough to visit I’m sure he’ll be less confused…hang in there.

15. You must feel so frustrated not being able to be there since you are sick. I understand how frightening delusions are for because when I was in the hospital I had them for a time when I was at my worst being sick and I remember them vividly because they are so real while you have them. What calmed me down was having my hand held. Touch was extremely important and soothing voices. I know that when you are better, Anthony will get better with this. I am sending you big hugs and kisses.

16. Louise G. says:

Hugs. Sending you love and light and grace. Hugs.

17. WordsFallFromMyEyes says:

Wishing you endurance. It really must be so much, so exasperating I’m so sorry, Julie..

It’s so tough when you are trying to help and they think you (we) are trying to hurt them. But what can you (we) do?

Julie, I feel so for all .. of you, 3! Wish there was anything I could .. do to ease things.

20. mrs fringe says:

😦 Sending strength ❤

Julie, You really are my hero, as the caregiver you have so many responsibilities, you have so many needs to fill, and you have no real time of your own, and yet the love you have for Ants clearly shows in every word you write. Please take care, be safe. — Bill

22. Sending you positive thoughts from across the ocean.

23. eof737 says:

Prayers and {{{HUGS}}}

24. Judith says:

Good luck! Each phase is a new challenge.