Close your eyes!

on January 5, 2013

pea 016

The other night I was watching a thriller on my laptop (before it died). Gutsy9, the baby peacock, was, as usual, on my shoulder and wide awake watching the screen. Suddenly, a scary scene erupted unexpectedly and, without thinking, I covered his big, innocent eyes with my hand.

I have always been a bit overprotective!

Note: Still using minilaptop while big one gets fixed so not keeping up as well as I would like to with other blogs and commenting, alas.

38 responses to “Close your eyes!

1. shoreacres says:

That reminds me of my friend who, with children long gone, still reaches out to “protect” whoever’s in the front passenger seat of the car if she has to slam on the brakes!

2. That was my best laugh for the day….Diane

3. Everytime I slam on the breaks in my car, no matter who is in the passenger seat, I protectively throw my arm across them! Years ago, before I had my daughter, a friend who is 10 years my senior and already had kids, starting cutting my meat while we chatted over lunch! Once a mom, always a mom

4. brakes not breaks…egads…have another glass of wine Di…

5. aww Mom! I was watching that! You make a wonderfu Maman for both humans and peachicks alike. 🙂

6. terry1954 says:

just curious,,,,,,,,does the little one produce droppings on your shoulder?

7. sbcallahan says:

yep once a mom always a mom:)

8. Trisha says:

Too funny! And so sweet.

so cute ~ he’s your baby now! xxoo

10. niasunset says:

This was so lovely, funny, sweet and I love you! Thank you, have a nice weekend, love, nia

11. Wonder if the repair man will find traces of peacock poo in your laptop?

12. Anonymous says:

Very funny, Julie.

Hope your computer gets fixed soon – I can imagine your poor eyes as you strain to see on the little screen. I think I’ve had 4 hard drive crashes in about 3 years.

Julie, I am not the least bit surprised you covered Gutsy’s eye during the horror movie, I would have expected nothing else. You are clearly the mother hen. Please take care, and have a pleasant day. Bill

14. Finn Holding says:

Did the scary scene involve someone mugging him for his slice of bread? 🙂

15. How cute you covering his eyes……………lol

16. Yes, I throw my arm out to protect my purse in the front seat. Which is really sad, because I have never had a child sitting in the front seat due to laws here in the states forbidding that. So, I guess I just feel the need to keep my purse from flying through the window.

17. I can’t believe that is a peacock! Amazing!

18. Too funny! I can’t believe you covered his eyes… HAHAH!

19. I’m so jealous. I wanna baby peacock on MY shoulder!

Don’t worry about him … he be fine – he will turn away if it’s bothering him … know the feeling about small screen and small keyboard – have really problems to keep up too – take the double time to do it .. on a small as it does on my PC.

21. Lynda says:

You made me laugh. I needed it. Thanks, Julie!

22. eof737 says:

He looks content to me… 😉